Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Fighting Formations: Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Division» Forums » General

Subject: Vassal versions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gustavo
Brazil
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I played my first FF match via Vassal, and we had lots of problems with the module. My opponent created his setup file using Vassal 3.2.2, and when I opened (using 3.2.2 as well) the Sighting Markers would have two different backs, one for the Hidden units and one for the other Sighting markers. I reopened the file with 3.1.19 and it was fine.

When we started playing I was using 3.1.19 and he was using 3.2.2. We could not apply Spent or In Column markers to the units, and since they not available individually in the Markers pool, we needed to improvise with Spotting markers and all that. My opponent tried to install 3.1.19 and syncronize with my game, but the problems persisted. We both then tried to start with 3.2.2, and everything worked fine, except for the annoying difference in the back of the Sighting markers.

Anybody else had these issues? Also, is there any way the module could be updated as to include the Spent and In Column markers in the Markers pool, so if the right-click menu doesn't do it we could use individual markers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, I'm in a game with both parties using Vassal 3.2.0 and we're not experiencing any problems so far... All I know is that using a mixture of 3.1.x and 3.2.x is a recipe for desaster and is guaranteed to fail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.