Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reckless skill check ability of the skill card "By your command" says, that raiders and heavy raiders are activated, but not centurions.

I assume, that means regarding centurions, that new centurions can enter the galactica by heavy raiders with this card effect, but centurions already on board the galactica, do not advance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Milne
England
Chertsey
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From the core rulebook (pg24 para2):

Quote:
Whenever there are any centurion tokens on the Boarding Party track and heavy raiders are activated (even by a revealed Cylon player), each centurion token moves one space towards the "Humans Lose" space.

Which suggests that, in fact, By Your Command does cause centurions to be activated.

However, you've just played for the best part of a year with the opposite being true, so if that works for you then carry on

EDIT: The 1st edit was because I forgot to click the 'subscribe' button, the 2nd was to add this explanation of the edit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
By Your Command specifically says that Centurions are not activated.

The Base rulebook would not cover this, since BYC is a Pegasus card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilipMilne wrote:
From the core rulebook (pg24 para2):

Quote:
Whenever there are any centurion tokens on the Boarding Party track and heavy raiders are activated (even by a revealed Cylon player), each centurion token moves one space towards the "Humans Lose" space.

Which suggests that, in fact, By Your Command does cause centurions to be activated.

As a general principle, the specific overrides the generic. If BYC didn't mention Centurions then they'd activate as part of the heavy raider activation. Since it specifically says not to activate them, that trumps the general rule and you don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Milne
England
Chertsey
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah, fair enough. I wasn't looking at the card, just the wording of the OP, which I misinterpreted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Milne
England
Chertsey
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
By Your Command specifically says that Centurions are not activated.

The Base rulebook would not cover this, since BYC is a Pegasus card.

I'm probably just being pedantic here, but feel I should mention this just in case someone misinterprets your post in the same way as I misinterpreted the OP:
While I was wrong, I wasn't wrong because the card is from Pegasus, I was wrong because the wording on the card states not to move Centurions. Any other time a card from Pegasus (or Exodus or Daybreak) indicates that heavy raiders are activated, you do activate centurions, the base rulebook still applies to expansions except where stated otherwise. In fact, there are even plenty of cards and abilities in the base game that contradict the base rulebook, so it's not unique to expansions.

Next time I see a person asking about a card or ability, I'll grab the card first and read it to see the exact wording, rather than assuming.
(To clarfy, I thought, through my misinterpretation and assumption, the OP saying 'but not Centurions' meant the card didn't mention Centurions - in which case, I would have been correct, but the card actually states 'but not Centurions', so I was wrong).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.