Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Butler
United States
Glen Burnie
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the first edition. Asmodee's reprint of 2E just came out.
I've only played the game a few times, and generally only play casually.

That being said, I understand there are some problems with one particular strategy (Halifax Hammer). Should I bother with the second edition? Is there a simple home fix?
I've tried browsing the forums, but there's WAY too many (heated) topics to get through. Signal to noise ratio is a bit much.
So can somebody give me a quick fix? Or at least distill the salient points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Pleasant View
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From those who've played it a bunch and tested out all sorts of solutions, the best answer seems to be this:

Play it a lot to get a feel for the game and its nuances. Even try out the HH so you understand it. Then use what out4blood (RIP) called the meta-game solution:

1. One player chooses whatever house rule he/she wishes to implement.
2. The other player chooses which side he/she wants to play.

This will allow you and your group to find the best solution for you and your group.

Also, ultimately the 2e rules did nothing to fix the HH issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just enjoy the game and stop reading on these forums - about 95% of players will never find HH without going on a hunt for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
What? You make with the funny stuff?
badge
I don't feel tardy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Throw away your French Bateaux, and that is the only component change. The rest were rules changes. Raid starts at distance of 2, Home Support doesn't reshuffle. I believe that is it...been awhile.

just stay out of the forums, and you should be fine. If you do find it, hopefully you get some value out of it. There doesn't seem to be a ruleset that balances out the game completely. If you are playing casually, it shouldn't be an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sjoerd Dijkstra
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Flamehearted wrote:
Just enjoy the game and stop reading on these forums - about 95% of players will never find HH without going on a hunt for it.
This is what I did, and I love this game. There is no need to fix what is not broken for you and your group. In the off chance that you find a broken strategy yourself, do as suggested above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Butler
United States
Glen Burnie
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect.
Thanks everybody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.