Hide
7 Posts

World of Warcraft: The Boardgame» Forums » General

Subject: Are these class setup fair? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daman whodaman
msg tools
I am setting up a friendly competition amongst friends. Made a small variant and wanted to know if these class choices were unfair.

3 players get to chose 1 of the 4 possible playable groups. Players chose to boot the druid...

Group1. Paladin-Warlock
Group2. Rogue-Priest
Group3. Warrior-Mage
Group4. Hunter-Shaman

Even though it comes down to a race and proper character building.. Do you feel these class sets are fairly balanced?

Thank you and look forward to opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why can't the players each pick their own character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
Its a competition based on reward. The groups are prearranged to make it a fair competition. They dont know what each group consists of until chosen.

The reason they cant pick is because it then forces them to adapt to the given choices.

Ex; I always played a rogue, but oops now have to play a warrior and a mage...I will no have to win this competition with two classes i never tried with.

Hope i explained your question. So is it balanced or..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conceptually, every combination of two characters on one team versus any two characters on the other team is balanced.

Ergo, your combos are balanced, but not because you chose them in any certain way.

I don't understand why you need to do this.
I see that 'you always play a rogue' and this forces you not to play a rogue, (unless you choose rogue/priest) but....

a) If someone chooses rogue before you, now you have to choose something different anyway
b) If you always enjoy playing the rogue and always get to play it, where is the problem?
c) Don't force your partner to play Priest just because you want to play rogue
d) If you lock people into groups like this, people will always choose the same group and you reduce variety in the long term.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
This is just for the competition ...
Due to my last post where there be only 3 players whom have to select a team (shown above).
The team is set that each player must play 1 alliance and 1 horde. So there is NO real horde/Alliance but instead each is playing the characters.

Ex; The player 1 happens to choose the Paladin so is forced to take a Horde warlock and ...Player 2 happens to choose Shaman is default horde so is forced to take the hunter which has to be alliance and etc...

The rest of the rules we wont get into.. There be NO PvP and it be direct chase to whom kills the overlord first...

Based on that do you think the above teams each have a fair chance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
So wait: the rogue/priest pair (for example) won't even be on the same faction? They're just controlled by the same player? I don't even get how that would work...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
actually very simple. remove the faction and then base it on individual groups.
Each would start from a fly point of their choice.. all towns cities accessible to all.
No one has clear advantage disadvantage.

**Purpose is first to kill the overlord
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.