Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Nelson
United States
Largo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if I'm missing something in the rules, but how does this 8 train route score? I've looked all over, and can't seem to find anything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian B.
Denmark
Frederiksberg C
flag msg tools
I don't design games, I play them!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you have built the route from Chittagong to Madras, you get 21 points - as you can see in the top right corner of the game board (see for instance http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1243344/ticket-to-ride-map-co... )

Does that answer your question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, even though the Chittagong to Madras route is 8 trains long (which the chart doesn't show), it scores no more than a 6-train rout?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian B.
Denmark
Frederiksberg C
flag msg tools
I don't design games, I play them!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Hamrick wrote:
So, even though the Chittagong to Madras route is 8 trains long (which the chart doesn't show), it scores no more than a 6-train rout?

The Chittagong-Madras route is 8 trains long - therefore, it scores 21 points. A 6-train route only scores 15 points, so the 8-train route does indeed score more points as it needs more trains.

Click on the link in my previous post, you'll see the points for routes of different lengths:

A route consisting of 1 train = 1 point
2 trains = 2 points
3 trains = 4 points
4 trains = 7 points
6 trains = 15 points
8 trains = 21 points.

Notice that there is no 5-train route in this version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Savi
Finland
flag msg tools
The route is actually Calcutta-Madras, btw. I have done it like 2 times in 50+ games. There just is no time to collect 8 cards in India!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
chrome3d wrote:
The route is actually Calcutta-Madras, btw. I have done it like 2 times in 50+ games. There just is no time to collect 8 cards in India!

I rather like using one of those long ferries when it's the last link in my Grand Circle Tour. At that point, nobody wants to go to the trouble of blocking it, assuming they have the cards to do so in the first place.

With that being said, I've experienced a few of those classic "Doh!" moments after building that 8-train ferry and then drawing a new ticket that starts in a city I've already visited and ends in Waltain, which I can now wave to as I bypass it from out at sea. (A similar thing happens when I take the "cartel route" from L.A. to El Paso in the USA game - I will then inevitably draw a ticket ending in Phoenix.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.