Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rhinehart
United States
Huntsville
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We decided to play BSG with 6 players only 1 of which was new to the game. So while one person was explaining everything to the other player we set up and selected our Characters.

Andrew(#1)- Admiral Cain
John(#2)- CAG Apollo
Me-Little John(#3)- President Baltar
Knepper(#4)- Cally
Daniel(#5)- Anders
Janna(#6)- Chief (New Player)

So after all was explained we left Janna to go last so she might see how things work. We handed out the loyalty cards. Everyone got 1 and then of course Baltar got a second one. Baltar was automatically accused of being a Cylon just for receiving a second card. Needless to say that second card is what made Baltar a cylon, but no one else knew this but me. So I started off by saying "This is true Baltar may be a cylon but lets not forget there may be a second one out there." Everyone then looked around the table with very suspicious eyes. I was hoping this helped take a little heat off me.

Admiral Cain was first to go, doing something useless as it was the first turn. Then the crisis card came out, Admiral chooses. Either we were to lose Morale or Admiral Cain takes the President title from Baltar. The Admiral expressed his like for taking on both President and Admiral powers. Being the current President(and a cylon) I expressed how this would give 1 player far to much power and that only a Cylon would want to steal the Presidency on the first turn. This ploy of mine worked enough that everyone agreed and pressed that the Admiral choose to lose the morale. Not wanting to be called a Cylon he listened to his fellow humans and chose the morale (1 win for the President Baltar).

Apollo took his turn and whipped up on some Raiders, then we proceeded to pass the first skill check of the night. Next to go was President Baltar. Well as a cylon from the start I had to be wary of Cally who was the next player after me. I didn't want to give her a reason to shoot me. So I had to lay low for a little while. So as the President I went to Colonial 1 and drew some Quorum cards. We then proceeded to pass the skill check I had drawn.

It was now Cally's turn. Cally asked if they should kill the Admiral for his suspicious activity earlier. This brought a good laugh from everyone. First turn and we were already debating on whether or not to kill the Admiral. As a Cylon myself I was trying to help the Admiral by arguing for his sake, because if he was a cylon I didn't want him dead as he could control quite a bit before revealing. Eventually we talked Cally out of killing the Admiral.

It was now Andres' turn. He asked if we should brig the Admiral and if we were wrong about him then we could just get him out. I, of course, said no as I thought he was my fellow cylon brother. The debate went on and eventually we decided not to. Then a crisis came up that gave Anders an opportunity to look at 1 other players loyalty cards. I was a bit worried when this came up as it was Anders who accused me (Baltar) of being a cylon when we started because I had 2 cards. I figured I was going to be chosen and possibly found out. Anders decided to look at the Admirals card. This was great because I wouldn't be found out and I might find my cylon brother. He looked and quickly said "He is good, not a cylon." Well damn I didn't find my brother after all.

Then the Chief was up. The Chief took her turn and we proceeded to the crisis card. The fail was lose 2 fuel. All the previous skill checks had succeeded, so i decided now was a good time to try to mess this one up. I put in a couple high number cards of the wrong color saying I was helping a lot. We flipped the cards and quickly found the skill check had failed. I had managed to throw in blue cards which 3 players at the table were currently drawing, so this brought out suspicion on those 3 people including myself. I quickly tried to pass off that I only draw 1 blue card a turn(I had 2 in my hand though lol). So they then started accusing the Chief and Cally. To which I pointed out that of course the Chief and Cally would work together so they must be our cylons.

The second round began. The Admiral, Apollo, and Baltar(me) all took their turns with not much change except a loss of a population and food. Then it got back to Cally. No one was that suspicious of Cally at this point.So he moved into the same room as the Admiral, Cally then lifted his hand and pointed at the Admiral like a gun and said "Bang". Just like that the Admiral was killed and I found my Cylon brother. The entire table was in a state of shock, I was overjoyed at the same time because he had eliminated the biggest threat. Now with Cain dead the new player was Helo.

With this newly revealed Cylon aboard the Galactica you would think it would be everyone priority to brig Cally. But they had bigger concerns such as Basestars, heavy raiders and a bunch of regular raiders all over. So they chose to ignore Cally for the moment to focus on saving Galactica. So Anders' turn was used doing this as was the Chief's turn. The crisis card of the Chief was to perfect for me. It ended up with the Chief being placed in the brig to avoid losing morale. The other players promised to get the Chief out.

The new Admiral Helo then took his turn killing the Cylon boarding party. Then managed to jump us to half time. Ah half time my favorite part of the game. Well at this point I had yet to reveal or be found out as a Cylon, so everyone had assumed that there was only the one cylon from the start. After half time had taken place and we had handed out the rest of the loyalty cards there was accusations flying everywhere. Mainly to President Baltar(me) who hadn't used any Quorum cards yet. I then promised that i had a couple of perfect cards for us to make use of now that we had reached the half way point. Everyone seemed to accept this and we moved forward. Apollo was first after half time and it seems he forgot that Cally had executed the Admiral because he did something else and left her aboard Galactica. Which was fine by me i wasn't going to point this out to him.

President Baltar was next after half time. I then asked the table "So do we want to brig Cally or do we want to get the Chief out of the brig?", everyone said we should get the Chief out if we can. So I then said "Ok, I am going to execute the prisoner" then played a Quorum card that executes someone in the brig. Apollo instantly yelled "YEAAAA- NOOOOOO, NOOOO". The table was in shock and we all laughed hysterically at Apollo's reaction. Needless to say our second Cylon, President Baltar, had been unveiled(2 wins now for President Baltar).

The Chief was now dead and Janna had to choose a new character, with some help she chose Dee, the one who kills herself if morale reaches 2. This was hilarious to me, because I then made it my mis sion to lower morale so that Dee might shoot herself.

After the great Baltar betrayal, Cally revealed herself to be a cylon(#6, so she was wearing a Cally meat suit). No big surprise but it allowed for raiders to be placed on the board. After Cally revealed and moved to the Resurrection ship it was Anders' turn. He moved to the Colonial 1 where the President Cylon Baltar was hiding, he tried a skill check to steal the presidency from Baltar in hopes of saving his human friends from anymore attacks from the Cylon President. The skill check failed horribly and Baltar remained president. After Anders was done he drew a crisis card that was Admirals choice. Either execute the current player and the Admiral discard 3 skill cards or damage Galactica twice. The humans decided to sacrifice Anders and 3 cards to prevent damaging Galactica further than it already was. This was the beginning of the end for the humans.

Once play had gotten back to President Baltar he revealed himself to actually be the #1 cylon and left his post as President to further his evil plot against the humans. Now aboard the resurrection ship #1/Baltar drew the perfect super crisis card that required the newly elected president Dee to make a tough choice. Either give the revealed cylons 2 treachery cards each and make a new destiny deck consisting of only treachery cards or lose 2 morale which would put morale at the time down to 2. If she chooses to lose the morale then she would kill herself. She chose the alternative and gave us our treachery cards. Needless to say the humans failed the next few skill checks.

Play continued with the humans trying their best to save Galactica and their resources. Unable to prevent everything from happening the resources quickly dwindled. They had managed to jump enough times though to have 9 distance. But in the process of getting these jumps and so on the resources had gotten down into the red on everything. Fuel was at 2, then eventually was down to 1. Population was down to 3. Morale was bouncing between 3 and 4 but managed to settle at 3. Food was at about 4 or 5.

The humans were so close to victory and the cylons were getting a little worried that they wouldn't be able to stop them in time. Then the Cylon GOD spread his grace on the 2 cylon brothers. First cylon #1 moved onto Caprica and picked up 2 crisis cards and could choose 1 for the humans to face. The end result was the humans losing 2 morale which brought it down to 1, this also meant that Dee killed herself for lack of morale. That brought the humans killed total up to 4. After #1 was done it was #6's turn and he proceeded to do the same action. The crisis he chose had an "OR" effect which he chose to use and make the humans lose 1 morale. This brought morale down to 0. VICTORY FOR THE CYLONS AND THEIR GOD!!

Wow that was a lengthy report hope I didn't lose anyone in the process. I hope you had as much fun reading it as I did writing it. Normally I wouldn't have written a report but the game was so much fun and filled with so many twists and turn that I felt it deserved to kept in the history books. I just hope the report expresses the sure fun we all had playing including the new player who took dying twice quite well. This has to have been the most fun and close game of BSG i have played. Thanks for reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Sansone
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BigJohnStud wrote:
So he moved into the same room as the Admiral, Cally then lifted his hand and pointed at the Admiral like a gun and said "Bang".

Cold and deadly, just like the Cally we know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hurd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guestid1250 wrote:
BigJohnStud wrote:
So he moved into the same room as the Admiral, Cally then lifted his hand and pointed at the Admiral like a gun and said "Bang".

Cold and deadly, just like the Cally we know.

Good work by Cylon Cally to take away Blind Jump from the humans.

Bad work by everyone who had to choose a new character, or helped the new person choose a new character. Particularly Andrew taking Helo. shake Losing an action when there's a soft-revealed cylon on the ship is the worst disadvantage imaginable. It should have been any other military leader, with a slight bias towards Tigh, because his almost-never-used OPT matters.

I don't think it's particularly kind of you to let the new player choose Dee, given the amount of morale lost to executions. But that's more on the other human players than on you. If they were concerned about a sudden lack of blue draw, Gaeta was a better choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rhinehart
United States
Huntsville
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaeta was taken by the guy who had Anders. I had no say in what character the new player took. I was a cylon so the humans are to blame for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.