Popular Tags: [View All]
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Objectives Deck

I played this great game yesterday with a group that did not rely too much on diplomacy and the game took a while. Still we loved it because passing a certain point when you realize how many points you need its a matter of choosing the proper allies, lie to some empires, make deals with the terrists and trick them all to win

Nevertheless I thought it would be a good idea to have an objective deck like in NEXUS OPS or in RISK for a shorter game more focused on goals than on the general victory.

This way at the beginning of the game each player draws 2 objective cards from this deck. If they want they can change one of the cards for 50M by paying the money, drawing a card from this deck and discarding 1 card so you never have more than 2 secret objectives. When a player accomplishes an objective as a reward receives another objective for free.

Also at the beginning of the game 3 cards are drawn as general objetives any player may achieve. Once a general goal has been achieve draw and add another card.

If anyone wants to brainstorm ideas for the cards it would be awesome so this can be balanced and finished sooner than what it will take for me to do it alone I was thinking of a deck of 50 cards to make it interesing.

Well, let me know your ideas if you have any. I ll post mine as soon as I think some over.

But the idea is to define a title for the card, the objective, how many points it will give you and a political/satirical quote.

Some examples:

1) WARMONGERING POLITITIANS:
Quote: "We can sell the public anything because we have trained them to buy it"
Objective: Eveytime you play a WAR card successfully place a counter on this card. When you have 8 counters accomplish the objective and win 1 LP.

2) SHADOW GOVERNEMENT:
Quote: "Dont be silly... of course the President is running the country..."
Objective: Everytime you convert a town or city from a player to a terrorist unit or to another players town or city add a token to this card. If you have 3 tokens acomplish the objective and win 2 LP.

3) SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY:
Quote: "Al Qaeda did it... oh, I am sorry what was the question ?"
Objective: Everytime you move or attack with a terrorist unit add a token to this card. If you have 3 tokens win 1 LP.

4) NUCLEAR WINTER:
Quote: "But winter is so full of joy.. you can make snow angels, a snow man and a lot of permanent room"
Objective: Execute a Nuclear Attack with GOD IS ON MY SIDE. Gain 2 LP.

5) WE FOUND THEM!:
Quote: "It's A Bird... It's A Plane... No, its a... oh Shit !!"
Objective: Everytime you use a WMD or a Dirty Bomb place a counter on this card. WHen you have 2 counters Gain 2 LP.

6) THE BEST DEFENSE IS... :
Quote: "...to always be ready to trade your liberties for WAR"
Objective: Everytime you defend successfully against a WAR card add a counter to this card. When you have 5 counters Gain 1 LP.

-------------

Well, these are just ideas so you can see the point.

Some objectives can provide you money or settlements or terrorist units instead of LP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.