Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandros Masmanidis
Greece
Kallithea
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's the "Eastern Ally" turn to play.

After the conclusion of last round's combat he drew the mandatory chit "pantalons rouge" which is supposed to be played only by the french.

Since it's a mandatory chit, it must be played at his next combat. So what happens is:

1. He throws it back to the cup and draws hopefully an eligible chit.
2. He passes it to his Western Ally, "forcing" him to play it during his next combat.
3. Since it's a mandatory chit he doesn't throw it back to the cup, but cannot play it in combat either since he has no french units. So he just throws it back to the box without resolving it in combat.
4. He plays it nevertheless even with a non-french unit, since it's mandatory.

As i see it, none of the above statements is correct but i really can't imagine what is.

Thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Balas
Greece
Kallithea
Athens
flag msg tools
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
badge
goo goo g'joob
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings, stranger!
You can find the answer to your question at paragraph 6.2.1 (page 6) of the rules:

"If a player draws a chit that he cannot use, he may put it back into the cup at any time. This includes mandatory chits. He may not draw another chit"

Hope I helped

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Masmanidis
Greece
Kallithea
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy Moly!

Damn rulebooks.
Thanks... stranger. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Von June
Greece
flag msg tools
You bare footed heathens...

You have not heard the last of me...

I will have my revenge....

(hope this qr wont smear your well respected profiles) whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Sonson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nulli Secundus wrote:

... he may put it back into the cup at any time...

"May" is the operative word. And you may be able to gain some concession from the Western Allied player to hold it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Schweninger
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
We just played for the second time this past weekend. Our understanding of the rule is that the Eastern Allied player may hold on to the "bad" chit. This means that it counts against the total of 3 chits that the Eastern Allied player may hold, but it also keeps his ally from drawing that bad chit. So I agree with Carl Sonson!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.