Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a crisis card from Exodus which is called "The Passage" (retranslated from german), which is a 14-skill check and which summons in the case of failure, to "Destroy 2 Civilian ships" (also retranslated).

Now, this is NOT the term "draw a civilian ship to destroy" which is introduced and explained in the Pegasus and Exodus rules, meaning to destroy ships NOT currently in play (if possible).

So my question is obvious: In case of failure for this crisis, do you take the civilian ships from the board or from beside the board?

Btw, I assume, this is only a translation error or a cutting short of the "official" term and therefor means, to destroy these ship from beside the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I believe you always destroy civilians that are not on the board, if able.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC

The Passage says
Destroy 2 civlian ships.

Bomb Threat (base game) says
'-1 morale and draw a civilian ship and destroy it

Despite the different wording, I'll say you still draw from off board, THE start destroying civvies on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.