Subject: Charging outnumbering units : choice which to attack ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
When charging against a situation where 2+ Units are outnumbering a friendly Unit, can the charging Unit choose which of those enemy units he attacks?

I would say yes, but I have a slight hesitation.
This is due to the fact that only the second enemy Unit having charged the friendly one is said to outnumber it - thus leading to the possibility that only it can be charged by a friendly unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I found the answer on the Romans vs Celts forum :
Pa°L° wrote:
Quote:
When a unit charges an engagement where they are outnumbered, must they charge the outnumbering unit?

Example
A
BC

D

Roman unit A is engaged on Celt unit B. Roman unit C then charged and outnumbered B. Celt unit D is charging the engagement. Must they contact C, as in the rules example, or can they contact A?

Both of the Roman are now actually outnumbering the Celt unit, so you can charge any of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chamberlain
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens in a Roman unit charges next? Can they pick C or D?

I'm confused about engagements. Any rules breakdown of engagements would be helpful.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.