Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry White
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
Merry Christmas to everyone and I have a question concerning Hand-to-Hand combat on this fine winter day (I opened my present early - all three of the Panzer games) and am still digging in the rules.

In 6.6.1.1 (page 49) it states that "sections (w/o attached weapons) may expend 1 movement speed to move adjacent to a target" an Advancing Attack. My question is, if a section with attached weapon(s) starts in a position adjacent to a target unit can it initiate or participate in hand-to-hand combat? and if so does the attached weapon(s) have any effect in the combat?

Thanks and the best of the Holidays to everyone and I hope that Santa (or who ever) bring you what you want tonight....
whistle
Jerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
whitejd wrote:
Merry Christmas to everyone and I have a question concerning Hand-to-Hand combat on this fine winter day (I opened my present early - all three of the Panzer games) and am still digging in the rules.

In 6.6.1.1 (page 49) it states that "sections (w/o attached weapons) may expend 1 movement speed to move adjacent to a target" an Advancing Attack. My question is, if a section with attached weapon(s) starts in a position adjacent to a target unit can it initiate or participate in hand-to-hand combat? and if so does the attached weapon(s) have any effect in the combat?

Section 6.6.1.2 of the rules states that unsuppressed and unbroken squads, half-squads and sections may initiate hand-to-hand combat. It also states that only sections w/o attached weapons may make an advancing attack. So, sections w/attached weapons that start adjacent to to an opposing unit may perform a hand-to-hand combat. However, they may not use an advancing attack.

Only attached flamethrowers are used in hand-to-hand combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry White
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the clarifications Jim.....enjoy your holidays.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.