Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronny S. Mo
Japan
Iwamizawa-shi
Hokkaido
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who has to dream, I'll ship you a couple of buckets of your dreams in return for a game or two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
j_holmes wrote:
Too hot for boardgames right now whistle

This concept is far more foreign to me than a white Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebon Hawk
United States
Janesville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plenty of snow here. The roads still sucked four days after the snow we got last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wargrave
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
No snow in the south of England - all rain and floods.

So yes am dreaming of a white Christmas.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Collazo
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Current forecast: 80% chance of snow tonight and 100% chance of snow on Christmas Day for the Pacific Northwest (more specifically, Tacoma, Washington).

All I'm seeing right now is intermittent rain and that's all we've been seeing for almost 1 solid month now. I'll believe the forecast for the white stuff only when I actually see it falling. Starting up a game of either Smallworld or Talisman with my kids right now so I'll be up for a while with one eye on the weather!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bame
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of snow in northern Arizona. The roads are solid ice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dale
Australia
Moggill
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
badge
Only a dragon to see here. Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pure white sand at the beech on a warm sunny day. Perfect.

- Pauli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smurf-o-Deth
United States
Brownsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather have a green christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The snow started about 2 hours ago - first real snow of the year in this part of PA. Merry Christmas all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on over.

We've got .. I don't know, 20-25 cm of snow?

http://www.yr.no/sted/Sverige/%C3%96rebro/%C3%96rebro/

If that isn't enough go to Kiruna:
http://www.yr.no/sted/Sverige/Norrbotten/Kiruna/

This is nearby:
http://www.storstenshojden.se/ (About 15 km away)
50 cm of snow off-pist, 100cm on.

7th December cross-country track at the same place (and we aren't even much north):

Guess I should go up there considering how much snow we have and for how long it has been around (a month.)

Inside the actual city:
http://na.se/webbkameran

Christmas in a warm country must be weird.

Also from/in this city earlier in December:
http://www.tv4play.se/program/singelprogram-n%C3%B6je?video_...

This picture (Google hit) from Prag:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikeybb wrote:
No snow in the south of England - all rain and floods.

So yes am dreaming of a white Christmas.....
Rather weird. A student girl here (well, rather Uppsala) from Costa Rica isn't too impressed with Sweden it seems. She hate the fruit, darkness and cold. Snow seems ok it seems
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Roach
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Agreed David, I would be gaming any time.

Right now on the Kapiti Coast near Wellington it is over 30C and humid as heck. I would play a game but alas I am all by myself as the family has travelled to San Francisco.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm unaware of any games (on a family friendly) site that involve sweating as part of the victory conditions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Rebstock
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost ten years in NZ and yes, every year i miss the snow. It's just not the same in tshirt and board shorts ;-) awesone but not very xmas-y :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
Nelson
Golden Bay
flag msg tools
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb

Christmas on the beach, Christmas on the beach
Pack your picnic hamper up we're gonna have a feast
Underneath the huge Pohutakawa tree, that's where I wanna be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Grange
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCNvZqpa-7Q

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny Blount
New Zealand
flag msg tools
out to lunch
badge
same place I eat at
mbmbmbmbmb
For us it's been too harsh to spend a long time out in the sun, so once we're all glowing pink it's inside for boardgames!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Douglas
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I certainly miss it. This has been my 13th Chirstmas in New Zealand, moved here from Atlantic Canada in August of 2000. It's still wierd. It will always be wierd. cry

One thing New Zealand is missing? Noticeable seasons.

Part of the year it is a bit warmer than the norm. Part of the year it is a bit colder than the norm and rains a bit more. Those really aren't seasons. No chrisp autumn / fall days with lovely orange, yellow and red covered trees. No sharp, clear, snow covered winter days. No sweat-til-ya-pass-out summer days either. That time of year when you have to sleep in your jockies on your bed, not under it, to keep from getting heatstroke during night. shake We need seasons down here! *thumps fist on the table*

Glad that two year period of shakeness is behind us though. That was a never ending, shitty season! yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
New_Zealand_Neil wrote:
Yes, I certainly miss it. This has been my 13th Chirstmas in New Zealand, moved here from Atlantic Canada in August of 2000. It's still wierd. It will always be wierd. cry

Part of the year it is a bit warmer than the norm. Part of the year it is a bit colder than the norm and rains a bit more. Those really aren't seasons. No chrisp autumn / fall days with lovely orange, yellow and red covered trees. No sharp, clear, snow covered winter days. No sweat-til-ya-pass-out summer days either. That time of year when you have to sleep in your jockies on your bed, not under it, to keep from getting heatstroke during night. shake We need seasons down here! *thumps fist on the table*

Glad that two year period of shakeness is behind us though. That was a never ending, shitty season! yuk

Move south.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Reynolds
Georgia
Brezhnevograd
Former Upper Caucasus
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
New_Zealand_Neil wrote:

Sounds like heaven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
It mostly is, except most days you dont know to wear shorts or a heavy jacket since the weather is rather unpredictable.

Much of the scenery in LOTR and The Hobbit is as it appears as well.
(Well, except the part about mount doom and mordor)

*mumble mumble* price of boardgames *mumble mumble* Though Dave from Seriouslyboard above is working on that problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Schulman
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
New_Zealand_Neil wrote:

Sounds like Brazil. We have two season down here: Dry Season and Wet (Rain) Season
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
PSchulman wrote:

Sounds like Brazil. We have two season down here: Dry Season and Wet (Rain) Season

We call those "Cricket" and "Rugby" here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.