$10.00
Tom Hazel
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lost Wonders (fan expansion for 7 Wonders)

If you have questions about 7 Wonders: Lost Wonders Rules or How to play - ask them here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the blue numbers on the coins mean anything special? (in the Ancient Wonders of Uruk and R'Leh side B, the coins have blue numbers instead of black). Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, black means "for you only", red means "for everyone, except you" and finally blue means "for everyone, you included".

Uruk is a friendly and kind of "anti-Cities" wonder since it gives bonuses to everyone (be careful, on B side, every bonuses (except VPs of course) are for everyone).

Have a nice play ! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hazel
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I tried to cover most of the symbols in the Description of Symbols. Check that out also if you have questions - its a quick reference that you can print on a two sided card stock for the game.

My recommondation is to look up the wonder in the RULE BOOK:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/9z6u2nshw0/Lost_W...

At at minimum, look it up on the Description of Symbols:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/9zwq1hq23k/Lost_W...

We are sure there will be some questions that arent covered in the rules - but we tried to cover most of those under the CLARIFICATIONS under each wonder.

Here are some examples answered in clarifications:
When the stage is built for Venetia to copy a wonder stage, does that stage have to be built in order to copy it? (no)
When Brigadoon is phased out, and URAK is built to give everyone coins - does Brigadoon get those coins? (no)
If Helvetia has 12 shields do they get 30 Victory Points? (no - they only get 15 one time)
Can Beiping buy 1-point Victory Tokens if there are none left? (no)

If you cant find the answer, that is what this FORUM is all about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Kim
United States
URBANA
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just want to say that I love all the expansion boards! I was wondering about the El Dorado wonder. Is it fair that the player gets to start with an extra 12 gold? Manneken Pis only get an additional +4, why is there such a huge difference between the two? Is the huge gold advantage because of its wonder stages?

Your wonder boards have been a great hit with my play group!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hazel
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
El Dorado is all about the FLOW of COINS - and changes the way economy works in the game. It provides NO Victory points on any stage so can the player turn COINS into Victory points to win. If all goes well, the player should be sitting on a PILE of GOLD at the end.

Side A is "can you collect coins and turn them into Victory at stage 3"
Side B flows coins to everyone - so can the player turn the coins he gets into Victory more efficiently than the opponents.

El Dorado challenges the player to amass as many coins as possible and turn them into Victory points. Think like Scrooge McDuck - get coins and keep them to win. The struggle comes in that you want to get COINS but not spend them OR invest them so you can get more coins with what you spend.

In general, a Wonder Board - Side A is worth 3-5-7 Victory per stage. El Dorado A gives 4 Victory up front for 12 coins - then 2 Victory for Stage 1 - hopefully 3 or more for stage 2 and double all that if they can build stage 3.

If opponents are smart, they will block giving Yellow and COIN granting cards to El Dorado AND prevent them from getting Glass or Papyrus to build stage 3.

While similar to Ephesos to get coins - or Antiocheia for Yellow cards - El Dorado A provides a unique challenge in that it provides a stage 3 that can turn COIN to VICTORY. But can the player take advantage of it and will other opponents allow it.

You take the challenge and see how many points you can get. Hopefully by the end of the game - you will have the enjoyment of a huge pile of GOLD and be the winner. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hazel
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Minwoah wrote:
Your wonder boards have been a great hit with my play group!

Eventually, we would like to hear what are you favorite and least favorite boards - ask you players as you play and let us know on the below thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/902116/what-do-people-th...

It helps us to improve the boards over time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wong HS
msg tools
Hi guys, I need help with yamato board.

1. The rule says any hiiden card can be returned any time. Does that mean i can return a card to play while playing a card in my hand at the same time?

2a. Let say i hide a grey resource card in turn 1. During turn 2, i want to build a science card that needs that grey resource card which i hid. can i then return that grey resource card into play then build that science card during turn 2? (to put it simply, returning a hidden card into play does not incur a turn right?)

2b. Returning a resource card after hiding it will not allow my neighbour to buy that resource from me for the rest of the game, is that correct? (I mean yamato is actually a "selfish board" that limits your neighbour from trading with you, is that the concept)

3. I have 3 slots to hide my cards. Does that mean i can only hide 3 times? Or i can continue to hide as many card as long i have an emptied slot?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hazel
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
naka88 wrote:

1. The rule says any hidden card can be returned any time. Does that mean i can return a card to play while playing a card in my hand at the same time?

CLARIFICATION: This means the player can, at any time, flip the card used to construct the wonder stage face up. From that point forward, the player gains the benefit of the card and may us it for chaining. The card is treated as colorless and the benefit cannot be used or copied by neighboring cities. However, if the card is BLUE - it may not be flipped - though BLUE cards can be used to construct the wonder stage. The card stays under the wonder stage where it was constructed - but the card is face-up. This card can be flipped up at ANY TIME - even before Military conflict is totaled.

2a. Let say i hide a grey resource card in turn 1. During turn 2, i want to build a science card that needs that grey resource card which i hid. can i then return that grey resource card into play then build that science card during turn 2? (to put it simply, returning a hidden card into play does not incur a turn right?)

CLARIFICATION: Yes, additionally that resource can ONLY be used by you as well. It cannot be purchased by neighbors. No turn is required. You simply flip it face-up and use it as though it has been face up the entire time.

2b. Returning a resource card after hiding it will not allow my neighbour to buy that resource from me for the rest of the game, is that correct? (I mean yamato is actually a "selfish board" that limits your neighbour from trading with you, is that the concept)

CLARIFICATION: Correct. The resource cannot be purchased by neighbors once flipped. As for the concept, the concept is "Ninjas" hiding information until its needed.

3. I have 3 slots to hide my cards. Does that mean i can only hide 3 times? Or i can continue to hide as many card as long i have an emptied slot?

CLARIFICATION: Yamato has three stages that can be built - it is the card that is used for constructing the wonder stage - that may be flipped. ONLY the card that is used to contruct a wonder stage with STEALTH - can be flipped. On side A - this is only one card - on Side B - this is all three cards. Only cards under a wonder stage with STEALTH can be flipped - and only once - once flipped face up - they can not be touched further.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wong HS
msg tools
I see! That means I can sneak attack on my neighbors by hiding a military card at the end too. Very cool. Thanks for the reply, I think I get it already. Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a follow up on Yamato (which is VERY cool, btw) - in the rules and clarification, it states that the card is treated as "colorless" - I preume that simply refers to other bonuses/VP?

For example, if I chose to "stealth" a brown resource card, then later built the Shipowners guild in my tableau, the "stealth" resource card would not count toward the guild's VP count, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
So in your example, if any of your neighbors would have the Workers Guild, this 'stealth' resource wouldn't bring him a VP either.

It seemed logical to me to 'transform' these cards into real, untradable, colorless wonder stages.

I saw once Yamato put a Sawmill under the second stage which created sort of an untouchable stock of wood. It blocked one of his neighbor for finishing his wonder (Gizah... I remember it clearly, I was the one having Gizah...).

People usually hide green or red cards.. But hiding yellow or black cards and wait for the right moment to reveal them is also really funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Aranda

Walnut
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about Capua B side. Is the first stage ability an ongoing effect or an immediate one-time effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ongoing. You solve it on every fight at the end of an age.
It's a board that requires you to be aggressive soon and all the time so you'll benefit fully of the first stage (and the last stage is also great, some thinks its too great as it can easily gives you 9-12VP but it compensate the relatives weakness of the red cards top-score).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Aranda

Walnut
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I really like these boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Madaj
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

I have a question about Atlantis B first stage. Is the bonus ongoing or for previously build buildings only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same power than Vitruve from Leaders, so I took Vitruve's description and change it a bit :

Once this stage is built, it grants you 2 coins whenever you build a structure for free, through building chains. Coins are taken from the bank. It has no effect on constructions built through construction chains before this stage was built.

Is it clear enough ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Madaj
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thank you! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ong
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Hi guys, a quick question about Antiochea. When I calculate the points given by yellow cards, do I double count them? (Once with a multiplier as part of the wonder, then a second time as the normal points from the yellow cards?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's right !
B side is really one of my favourite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike schlicher
msg tools
really? you double count them?

so if you play the chamber of commerce with 3 gray resources (usually 2 vp per gray) you add 12 points for your score under wonder points AND you add another 12 for your points in commerce? That seems a little over the top.. I was just writing it in like 6 points under the wonderboard point tally and 6 points under the commerce tally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
montijin wrote:
really? you double count them?

No, I misunderstood the first time you asked it.
You only add 6 points in commerce and 6 for the wonder.
Sorry. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aigimig aigimig
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. When I build the 2nd wonder stage of Myst A side, when exactly I have to decide whether I copy red cards or brown/gray from the person to whom I give the Linking Book? In other words, do I need to know upfront to whom I give the Linking Book and cards of which color I copy from them or can I make a decision once all the cards have been played (for example some new red cards, etc)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.