Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if the FFG re-release of this game will have the original plastic insert or one of Fantasy Flight's standard "folded cardboard with an open trench in the middle where you throw all the stuff" inserts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, it's the cardboard trench. However, everything fits in OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a shame. The AEG version had such a great insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I fit everything in with the box insert, with room to spare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:
Does anyone know if the FFG re-release of this game will have the original plastic insert or one of Fantasy Flight's standard "folded cardboard with an open trench in the middle where you throw all the stuff" inserts?

I really hate the cardboard trench! Ugh! The only FFG title I have with a decent insert was their 2007 release for Fury of Dracula (vacuformed plastic with special area for every item).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sundström
Sweden
Bollnäs
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only time I found the "trench" to be a problem was with Mansions of Madness due to all the bits and pieces. I have managed to fit everything in the box anyway, but took some time figuring out. As for The Adventurers: The Pyramid of Horus I find that the trench is actually helpful as it keeps the falling roof pieces in place. As for Red November and Cave Troll, I have no problem with the trench. Still waiting for the re-release of this game to arrive, so I can't comment on it yet.

I guess I just could throw the trenches away, but I am a bit of a completeist in the sence that everything that comes with the game has to stay with the game. I think I've thrown away just one insert for a game ever. Can't remember what it was though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Pyramid of Horus when FFG was doing their holiday sale last year, and I immediately threw away the cardboard trench. All of the stone blocks fit in on layer across the bottom of the box, With the board and manual on top of them, and then all of the components in baggies on top of those. The blocks I just leave in the box bottom during play, and we grab them from there.

However, if you've ever seen the insert for the original Adventurers game, they no way you'll convince me that the cardboard trench is a suitable replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:
However, if you've ever seen the insert for the original Adventurers game, they no way you'll convince me that the cardboard trench is a suitable replacement.

Depends... The Chac plastic insert is absolutely perfect if you don't add/modify any of the components.
I have sleeved my cards and created foam inserts to store my painted minis, so I had to cut off some parts of the plastic insert to make room (which I did reluctantly, it was a great insert). I prefer the cardboard trench, 'cause I have less concern cutting it if need be .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Complete & Sufficient Statistician
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dansun wrote:
The only time I found the "trench" to be a problem was with Mansions of Madness due to all the bits and pieces. I have managed to fit everything in the box anyway, but took some time figuring out. As for The Adventurers: The Pyramid of Horus I find that the trench is actually helpful as it keeps the falling roof pieces in place. As for Red November and Cave Troll, I have no problem with the trench. Still waiting for the re-release of this game to arrive, so I can't comment on it yet.

I guess I just could throw the trenches away, but I am a bit of a completeist in the sence that everything that comes with the game has to stay with the game. I think I've thrown away just one insert for a game ever. Can't remember what it was though.

It was a pretty big problem in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game too. Ditto on the small box version of Red November.

These inserts are good to prevent damage during shipping, but I don't like using them for storage. I can't bring myself to throw them away, but I flip them upside down to make more room, at least for games where space is tight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.