4 Posts

Khet 2.0» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hitting your own pieces... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
elliotdm
msg tools
...question...

The rules provided with the game specify if you hit your own pharaoh piece with your laser, you lose...

...but it doesn't specify if you hit your own piece (i.e. the rear of the pyramid, or side of the anubis) with your own laser, is it eliminated from the game...?

...help please...!

Thanks in advance,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Colombo
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
BlueLineGameStudios.com
badge
BlueLine Game Studios - Digital Tabletop games since 2011
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question

I've always interpreted the rules to indicate that lasers kill indiscriminately (once fired, the laser no longer knows/cares who fired it and kills anything that is vulnerable to its effects).

Although Rule 9 doesn't specify that it affects BOTH colors, it also doesn't say anything to indicate that friendly-fire would be "off". For reference, Rule 9 is:
"If the laser beam stops on a non-mirrored surface of a Pyramid that piece is removed from the board."

As some additional evidence that might back up my assumption, one of the screenshots for the iPhone game (which Luke seems to have been closely involved with) shows what appears to be a friendly-fire incident against a pyramid (bottom left board):
http://st2.apps.su/imgs/44/81/12/673/mzl.fpjtbcaq.320x480-75... I'd check the app itself, but I don't have an iPhone with me at the moment.

I'm always open to being proven wrong, though If anyone has anything that suggests the opposite, please share!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minden
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean is correct. You absolutely CAN shoot your own pieces in both Khet and Khet 2.0. It's something to be cautious of, and tricking/forcing your opponent into shooting himself is a perfectly valid strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Samford
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friends take out pieces of theirs constantly in classic setup. At the beginning of a game, if you eliminate one of your own pyramids on the colored spaces you own, directly in front of the laser, it can speed up the surviving pyramids movement along the side of the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.