Subject: Help: Correct Translation? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello guys
First, a little Background story: I saw the German edition of this game and the price was so irresistible that I add to buy it EVEN IF my German knowledge isn't that good and my friend's is even worse. However I was confident I could get something out of it, and after reading the cards and running them through a translator I find I understand most of them, the problem is: my playmates won't. Instead of changing friends I decided I would make a help aid for each faction (and will eventually post the file here if allowed). So I would like to ask anyone who has the game to check if I translated them correctly.
Right now I did the Aliens and will keep doing the others(if I get help I will post the other factions, otherwise I will leave you alone, swear). I put the German names because I don't know the original but I think people who have the game will understand which card it is by my translation, but I also posted the number of cards present to help.

So, Aliens:
Sammler(x4): You may choose 1 Creature with power 3 or less at this base, the owner puts it into his hand.
Spaher(x3):Extra: After scoring this base you may take this Creature into your hand instead of discarding it
Eindringling(x2): Receive 1 victory point
Oberster Anfuhrer(x1): You may choose 1 Creature, the owner puts it into his hand
Entfuhrung(1x): Choose 1 Creature, the owner puts it into his hand. Play 1 additional creature.
Transporter(2x): Choose 1 Creature, the owner puts it into his hand.
Kornkreise(1x): Choose 1 Base. The owners take all their creatures in that base into their hand
Invasion(1x): Move 1 Creature to another Base.
Zersetzungsstrahl(2x): Put one Creature with power 3 or less under the deck of it's owner.
Terraforming*(1x): Choose 1 Base from the Base-deck. Swap that base with this one ( discard all actions attached to the base). Shuffle the Base-deck. You may play 1 additional Creatur in the new base.
Blockierstes Signal(1x): Play in 1 Base. Permanent: All players ignore the ability of this base.
Untersuchung(1x): Look at the hand of another player and choose 1 of his Creature, the owner discards it.

What do you guys say? Is it correct?

PS: I hope this does not break any kind of rule the publisher/designer might have. If it does please warn me and I will remove it,

Edit: Added bold to make it easier on the eye. Corrections to cards.
Big thanks to
Eirik Uthus
Norway
0468 Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Uthus
Norway
0468 Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:

Terraforming(1x): Choose 1 Base from the Base-deck. Swap that base with this one ( put all actions of the previous base in the new one). Shuffle the Base-deck. You may play 1 additional Creatur in the new base.

You got all of them right, but not Terraforming. It says to discard all actions attached to the base, not put all on new base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Eiriken wrote:
torontoraptors wrote:

Terraforming(1x): Choose 1 Base from the Base-deck. Swap that base with this one ( put all actions of the previous base in the new one). Shuffle the Base-deck. You may play 1 additional Creatur in the new base.

You got all of them right, but not Terraforming. It says to discard all actions attached to the base, not put all on new base.

Thank you a lot Eirik. I have corrected it. I will post the others, if you can please check them also when you have the time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Got one response: good enough for me.
Thank you Eirik.
Anyone willing to chime in this ones?

Pirates:
Erste Offizier(4x): Extra: After scoring this base you may take this Creature into your hand instead of discarding it.
Scmucke Maid(3x): You may destroy 1 Creature with power 2 or less in this base.
Korsar(2x): If this Creature is going to be destroyed, instead move it to another base.
Piratenkonig(1x): Extra: Before a Base is scored you may move this Creature to it.
Shanghaien(1x): Move 1 Creature from another player to another Base.
Beiboot(2x): Move up to 2 Creatures to another Base.
Breitseite(2x): Destroy all Creatures with power 2 or less from a Player in a Base where you have at least 1 Creature.
Pulverfass(1x): Destroy 1 of your Creatures, destroy 1 Creature with the same power or less at that base.
Seebaren(1x): Choose 1 Faction. Move all the Creatures from this faction from all other players to another Base.
Unter vollen Segeln(1x): Move as many Creatures as you want to another Base. Extra: Before a Base is scored you may play this card.
Kanone(1x): Destroy 2 Creatures with power 2 or less.
Draufganger(1x): All your Creatures have +1 Power until the end of your turn.

Tricksters:
Gnom(3x): You may destroy 1 Creature at this base if it's power is less than the number of your Creatures in this Base.
Gremilin(4x): Permanent: After this Creature is destroyed draw 1 card, all other players discard 1 card at random from their hands.
Witch(2x): Permanent: After another player plays a card that affects this card, he discards two random cards from his hand.
Kobold(1x): Permanent: If a player plays a Creature at this base with less power than the number of Creatures it owns at this Base, that Creature is destroyed (after it's abilities are executed).
Versteck(1x): Play in 1 Base. Permanent: If another player plays an action in one of your Creatures at this Base, that card is destroyed (and you Creatures are not affected by it).
Feuerfalle(1x): Play in 1 Base. Permanent: After another player plays 1 Creature at this Base, destroy that Creature and this card (after it's abilities are executed).
Entzauberung(2x): Destroy 1 Action card that was played on a Base or Creature.
Juwelenraub(1x): All other player discard 2 random cards from their hand.
Strassensperre(1x): Play in 1 Base and choose 1 Faction. Permanent: Creatures of this Faction can no longer be played at this Base.
Einhullender Nebel(2x): Play in 1 Base. Permanent: In your turn you may play 1 random Creature at this Base.
Mal des Schlais(1x): Choose 1 Player. In his next turn that player can't play any Action cards.
Die Zeche zahlen(1x): Play in 1 Base. Permanent: After a player plays 1 Creature in this base he discards 1 card from his hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Could anyone lend me a hand?
In the mean time I translated all of them but could use the help to double-check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.