Subject: What is 'Town' terrain? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan
Australia
Armidale
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused about what constitutes a 'Town' for the purposes of terrain effects.

The terrain Effects Summary Chart shows 'Town' as a yellow-coloured hex with little buildings in it. The map shows these yellow-coloured hexes and the town name in a larger font (see Noville below).

There are also other hexes showing other types of urban terrain, but these also feature other terrain in the hex (eg: broken or clear), and the area name in a smaller font (see Berlogne below).

So my question is, are areas like Berlogne (see below) a 'Town' for the purposes of terrain effects (defender doubled), or is it a clear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Heller
United States
Barrington
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Bertogne is a light woods hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
I aten't dead yet...
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nathan,

The Maestro has answered. The hexes are defined by the background colour, hence Noville is definitely a town hex, whereas Bertogne would be regarded as more of a village in those days.

This is a great game and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Regards,

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.