Subject: All I want for Christmas is BRAAAAINNNSSSSSS..... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Burk
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!
badge
Rakes, my arch enemy.
mbmbmbmbmb
So my fiancee this year left a neat little gift in the stocking: Zombie Dice. I had seen it played on Wil Wheaton's Tabletop and had always wanted to actually try it. Yes, it is a simple little push your luck game and there isn't a ton about it that I can add new to it, so instead of a review I thought I'd leave a little session report (even though its a bit of both).

While my fiancee was putting a finishing touch on dinner, I played 1v1 against my own mother. A quick crash course of the rules and away we went. And boy, did I go down. Two turns from good ol' mom and I was down 6-0, then 14-0. Did we have a savant here?

Next game was closer though. She went up to 12 BRAIIIINSSSS in a turn or two, but I managed to get a few points on the board, about 4 or so. Soon she got her winning points and sat at 15, giving me the final chance to catch her. It was a Christmas miracle, but I rolled like a champion and walked away a winner at 17-15. Mom won once, I had won once now too.

It was all up to the final game for the championship of the world and fate of all humanity. No pressure.

My fiancee had noticed we were having a hoot with her gift and had a minute to come and join us. We had just started but had not gone to the second turns yet so we offered to make this 2 player game a 3 way challenge and she stepped in. Beginner's luck perhaps, but soon it was 8 for the fiancee, 6 for me and 4 for my mom. A little friendly trash talk during 3 rounds of getting no score whatsoever and then it came to my mom again and she ended her turn on 12. Fiancee was next and ended on 14 BRAIIIIINNNNSSSS and it was up to me to make another comeback and I absolutely did not do it. On my turn my first roll was 2 green and 1 yellow and all three were shotgun blasts to my holiday chestnuts. Dang. Mom now had the chance to wrestle the win from my fiancee but drew all three red dice and went down 2 blasts to one brain, then drew yellow shotgun blasts to come up short. Fiancee takes the world championship in a surprise twist ending!

In short, our first three games were both really short and really enjoyable. Once you have someone push their lucky streak to more and more seemingly impossible chances it becomes a surprisingly fun game. And though each of us came in a dead heat of 1 against 1 against 1 in the championship of the world, I recommend it to anyone for a quick and dirty fun session.

Next time world, next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.