Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Y
United States
Ridgefield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I know it's not a "hot deal" but couldn't think of where to put the topic. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it even on yet? It usually doesn't happen until January at some point.

Regardless, "Discussing Retailers" would be the spot for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
Is it even on yet? It usually doesn't happen until January at some point.

Regardless, "Discussing Retailers" would be the spot for this.

The 50% starts today, according to an email I got this morning. Unfortunately the weather isn't cooperating, so I can't go and see what's been given the red dot (and will also miss out on anything good).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not sure what the OP's post actually said, but if it was info on the red dot sale I'd say it's a hot deal. Even if the sale isn't on yet, I think we can talk about future sales. Just as long as it's factual talk rather than speculative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Y
United States
Ridgefield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BN sent an email about it and that it is on.
I did check the BN on 46th and 5th NYC and saw Munchkin Holiday Surprise, a Mighty Avengers table top shooting like game, some puzzles, and a puzz-3d victorian haunted house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Emen
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sannyyoon wrote:
BN sent an email about it and that it is on.
I did check the BN on 46th and 5th NYC and saw Munchkin Holiday Surprise, a Mighty Avengers table top shooting like game, some puzzles, and a puzz-3d victorian haunted house.

That B&N always lets me down...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BagelManB wrote:
I'm not sure what the OP's post actually said, but if it was info on the red dot sale I'd say it's a hot deal. Even if the sale isn't on yet, I think we can talk about future sales. Just as long as it's factual talk rather than speculative.

Yes, this to me this is a hotdeal and NOT a discussion on retailers.

If anyone disagrees, lemme help you with this one.

Don't click to read the post.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our local one had total crap, 1 small table. I did see a large tall ugly, with multi shelves, metal storage cart on wheels used in backroom storage sitting way back from the table, not sure maybe a little early and more stuff will be put out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. P.
United States
Cheyenne
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year I got Carcassonne: Traders & Builders for $4 during the red dot sale. Also bought http://www.amazon.com/SET-Enterprises-5200-Quiddler-Deluxe/d... for my wife. It was $13 and she was happy. So a win/win for me laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dian
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the one I went to mostly have Christmas stuff and no games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every red dot sale at B&N varies of course but considering the fact that...

- past B&N clearance threads have wound up being some of the biggest threads I've ever seen in Hot Deals
- Thanks to these Hot Deals threads I've gotten…

2 x Risk Legacy for under $15
2 x Fresco for $15
Alhambra for $10
2x Hive for $7.50
Timeline: Inventions $3.25

And let's see $2 for:
10 Days in Africa
10 Days in Europe
Portobello Market
Consensus Movie
Word on the Street

B&N clearance is always very much YMMV but as far as I'm concerned it's not only deserving of having it's own Hot Deals thread, it should have a damn PSA on the front page when hauls of $2 games like this are possible:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the casual glancers, note that the above picture was from a PRIOR red dot sale, not the current one.

Checked out my B&N at lunch - all Christmas items are on 50% off. The only game of note that I saw was the Nightmare Before Christmas Monopoly (and Rudolph Monopoly)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Blackwell
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@NuMystic: That image is just showing what is possible, right? None of the stuff in the photos have been at my B&N for a while.
Or did you take that photo today?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmb
...yet another reason that someone should actually go to a Barnes and Noble before declaring that there are HOT DEALZ HOT DEALZ HOT DEALZ POST NAO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conphas wrote:
@NuMystic: That image is just showing what is possible, right? None of the stuff in the photos have been at my B&N for a while.
Or did you take that photo today?

Of course. As mentioned those were from prior Red Dot Clearance sales. That haul was another member who cleaned out his local store when things reached $2.

Since this is the start, it will be a good month before things on the tables reach that, after about a week of being 75% off.

tumorous wrote:
...yet another reason that someone should actually go to a Barnes and Noble before declaring that there are HOT DEALZ HOT DEALZ HOT DEALZ POST NAO.

I didn't see anyone declare that there were "HOT DEALZ", just a sharing that this round of Red Dot had begun. Reports of whats available locally are only possible once members are alerted to the fact that the sales have begun and come back to share their finds. (or lack thereof)

These threads have led to incredible deals for countless members and it is only through crowd sourcing the info that this has been accomplished.

If you're not interested in B&N clearance info, or know that your local stores never have the titles everyone gets excited about, it's easy enough to simply skip the discussion. Problem solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Finkelstein
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gotten tons of amazing games at $2, including age of empires, cosmic encounter, gulo gulo, risk legacy and many more. Definitely a hot deal. In fact, easily the hottest deal this forum ever sees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmb
Excuse me while I start a TANGA DAILY DEAL thread and BLACK FRIDAY 2013 thread in Hot Deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow you hovered. I'm honored.
badge
My Dog Has Fleas
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing that baffles me about the whole 50% off deal is that if they would price their games more reasonably throughout the holiday season they would probably sell a ton more of them to begin with and not have to clearance them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cotter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
tumorous wrote:
Excuse me while I start a TANGA DAILY DEAL thread and BLACK FRIDAY 2013 thread in Hot Deals.

There are 365 Tanga Daily deals in most years and Black Friday deals come from a host of different businesses. B&N (a single retailer) only has 3 or 4 red dot sales a year...not a very good analogy in my view.

Maybe threads such as this one don't specifically fit into the Hot Deals forum if you go by a strict interpretation of the rules, but going by the intent of why this forum was established, it should be here. These sales have been extremely beneficial to members and popular (post per thread). Having this discussion here makes complete sense. Disseminating information about what is present, where, and when discounts change is a big service to BGGrs who shop these sales. Why make such a big stink about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with tumorous but since someone posted munchkin at half off, I guess that's a hot deal hopefully people will contribute with current offerings and not ones from 5 years ago

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hager
United States
Leesburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
holy god people, lighten up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert D

Delaware
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PraetorianXVIII wrote:

But this is the Internet where we can blast random people for their thoughts and ideals with little to no recourse. (But yeah, everybody need to chill. The original post was asking if there were any good deals not how to build a nuke)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Left wrote:
PraetorianXVIII wrote:

But this is the Internet where we can blast random people for their thoughts and ideals with little to no recourse. (But yeah, everybody need to chill. The original post was asking if there were any good deals not how to build a nuke)

"I love my two dogs", now talk/discuss amongst yourselves.

I am no fan of B&N, but I appreciated the heads up of the Red Dot sale even if it sucks this go around for me. Was headed to the mall when I read the post, saved me a 15 mile round trip of going back just for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I picked up Tha Adventurers and Star Trek Expeditions for $2 last time, so I like knowing when these sales are on.
Thanks OP!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.