Subject: Very Fun Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Floyd Resler
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
The object of Repello is to have the most points at the end of the game. Points are earned by pushing (i.e. repelling) objects off the board.

The board consists of numbered squares. The numbers represent how many spaces a player can move from that square. The board starts out with four black repellers (worth 1 point), four silver repellers (worth 2 points) and one gold repeller (worth 5 points). Players choose a color and get a stack of black repellers. The number varies depending on the number of players and how long you want the game to be.

Players take turns moving their stacks and repelling objects. When moving, a player leaves one repeller from his/her stack and moves the number of spaces indicated on the square the stack was on. The stack can move in any direction except that stacks cannot move through or land on a repeller or stack. If a stack lands next to a repeller or another stack the repelling fun begins! You first choose which object gets repelled. The object getting repelled moves one square in the exact opposite direction. For example, if you moved your stack next to a repeller and it was diagonal from your stack you would either move your stack one square diagonally away from the repeller or you would move the repeller one square diagonally away from your stack. If a repelled object moves next to another object the repelling continues. If any objects are moved off the board, the player whose turn it is collects the objects for points. If a player's stack is moved off the board that player must give a repeller from his/her stack to the player who did the repelling and the player who did the repelling gets to select a repeller from the repelled player's collection. That's a great way to get the valuable silver or gold repellers.

The game continues until all repellers have been placed from the stacks.

-----

This game is loads of fun! It's simple to teach and play but the strategy can be quite complex. As the board fills up with repellers the possibility for getting a lot of points increase. Since you get to choose which object repels which and in which order you can really maximize your points.

I liked everything about this game. I highly recommend it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got this game & agree it is fun. I did some practice games by myself to figure it out to make it easier to explain. I did run into a situation that does not seem to be covered clearly in the rules. When a stack is pushed off the edge, and must give a repeller to the player who caused it, it causes stacks to run out at different points in the game, but the game runs out when the stacks are out of repellers. Does this mean that a player with no repellers left is out of the game early as the player can not leave 1 in the spot as it moves or do these simply keep moving until the round when the last player (knocked of the edge the least) runs out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
Broadstorm wrote:
I did run into a situation that does not seem to be covered clearly in the rules.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/949442/rule-clarification-wh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.