Subject: Clarification for Characters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick McAlpine
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Hey, all -

Just to clear something up for me, can you play characters from your hand multiple times for different reasons during your turn, and then use all their abilities?

So, for example, I Explore first, and turn a mission. I play two characters to help me complete it. Then, I play another character (three on the bridge now, two in my hand), and spend all their experience to buy a card. I replace it, and it's another card I want to buy. So, I play the other two characters from my hand and do so.

Is that legal? Is it basically a thing where you can do any of the actions during your turn independently and as many times as you want?

Thanks for any help!

Edgewood

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks legal to me. Search and explore are once per turn, but otherwise w whatever order you want is ok

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can use a characters XP to complete a mission, THEN use it to buy a card. This is because Missions only require you to have characters that are "worth" this XP, rather than actually cause them to spend it. Or, at least that's how I look at it.

So yeah. Complete a mission with XP, then use that XP to buy cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slight variant to the question - Is everyone agreed that you can use both a character's special ability as well as its regular Speed/Attack/Diplomacy/Shields stats in one turn? The rules seem to imply that is the case, but it seems like a bit of a bookkeeping mess to remember that you've used the ability when you don't discard anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dcrowell wrote:
Slight variant to the question - Is everyone agreed that you can use both a character's special ability as well as its regular Speed/Attack/Diplomacy/Shields stats in one turn? The rules seem to imply that is the case, but it seems like a bit of a bookkeeping mess to remember that you've used the ability when you don't discard anything.

Yes, you use both. Keep in mind you must use a character's ability when you play the character to your bridge (though there are a few exceptions), so you don't have to remember whose ability you have used because you know that, if the character is in your bridge, it's ability has already been used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.