Sara Grace
United States
Berkeley
Ca
flag msg tools
Gaaames!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe we should have a thread where we can post links to our own Geeklists? I would like to support your efforts and see your cool lists!

[Also, you have to imagine the "ladies" part of the title as someone saying it in a sleazy lounge singer voice.] I changed the name as per our discussion on inclusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Grace
United States
Berkeley
Ca
flag msg tools
Gaaames!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Geeklists, Ladies.
Also...I may have just made a list. You'll have seen a number of it's pieces floating around the forum already.

Geek in Training 2012 (Year 2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Grace
United States
Berkeley
Ca
flag msg tools
Gaaames!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amy's fantastic Games on the Train
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted one for a recent game day: Game Day 12/22/2012
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pursuit to play all our games at least...eventually (with pictures)

This is my main Geeklist. I challenged my boyfriend to play all of his games with me (and mine now that I have some) before Christmas. We didn't make it, but I keep the list updated every time we knock another game off the list and will continue to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have two:

Your absolutely favorite wargame, and why it is

and

Alexander the Great wargames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
If I am not gaming, I am reading!
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have any kind of geeklist, but I look forward to seeing everyone else's as I have time off of school. Thanks for the idea, Sara!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jes m
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish there was a way to make a geeklist that was in "women and gaming." I had a TON of fun in December with the Advent of Christmas Gaming Challenge (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/149839/item/2398638#it...) watching every one play games and update the list.

In my dreams I see a geeklist where as people play during a set amount of time (say January) they add items to the list. OR if the game you just played was already on there, you could comment under the item.

I love reading the http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/440249/ladies-what-was-t... thread, but a geeklist would make keeping track of who's playing what more complete. It was so nice to have conversations about the games as we were playing them.

There are a lot of geeklists out there about "what I played this weekend" or whatever. But what I like about the women and gaming forums are the handful of you all who consistently read and comment. The fun thing about the advent deal was actually tracking who's playing what.

Wow, this turned into what looks like a rant...But it's not. I promise.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jesb wrote:
I wish there was a way to make a geeklist that was in "women and gaming." I had a TON of fun in December with the Advent of Christmas Gaming Challenge (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/149839/item/2398638#it...) watching every one play games and update the list.

In my dreams I see a geeklist where as people play during a set amount of time (say January) they add items to the list. OR if the game you just played was already on there, you could comment under the item.

I love reading the http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/440249/ladies-what-was-t... thread, but a geeklist would make keeping track of who's playing what more complete. It was so nice to have conversations about the games as we were playing them.

There are a lot of geeklists out there about "what I played this weekend" or whatever. But what I like about the women and gaming forums are the handful of you all who consistently read and comment. The fun thing about the advent deal was actually tracking who's playing what.

Any thoughts?

Make one then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jes m
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlett_O wrote:
jesb wrote:

Any thoughts?

Make one then!

Thought you might be interested. I'll make one on the first of January, and post a link here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jes m
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okie dokie:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/151246/what-were-playi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My main ones:

Creative Organization and Storage Solutions
Couples of the Geek
[POLL] The Good, the Bad, and the OLGS: Rate the Online Game Stores
Hey, did you hear indigopotter and lorddillon got married? (Now with pictures!)
2012 SPARE PARTS RESOURCE LIST
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Grace
United States
Berkeley
Ca
flag msg tools
Gaaames!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trace has a new Geeklist: What is Your Dirty Little Secret?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:

Oooo! I was just going to do some research on how to store games better. Our game collection that has gone over 160 games has gotten me worried if we ever plan to move into a smaller place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one is a video game geek list:

Video Games NOT Beaten in 2012 - Uncompleted Games

One of the Geek Lists that I followed religiously in 2012 was Videos Games Beaten by VGGrs in 2012. I started but didn't finish so many video games in 2012 that I was curious if other people had done the same and with what.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Grace
United States
Berkeley
Ca
flag msg tools
Gaaames!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Renwmn wrote:
This one is a video game geek list:

Video Games NOT Beaten in 2012 - Uncompleted Games

One of the Geek Lists that I followed religiously in 2012 was Videos Games Beaten by VGGrs in 2012. I started but didn't finish so many video games in 2012 that I was curious if other people had done the same and with what.

Oh fun! I have a few of those. Never really go on VGG. Need to start Assassin's Creed 3 soon!

Using the word need pretty loosely there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophie Morgan
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 2013 Unplayed Games Challenge is up. Many of you might have already seen it though, since I mentioned it on the New Year's resolution thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I created a GeekList to track my progress on the gaming resolution to have a balance between playing unplayed games and played games. 2013 Resolution: Playing my Unplayed & Played Games

I keep thinking of ideas for Geeklist, but then look around and see someone else doing it. So I don't feel like making a repeat list.

Like I want to do a Kickstarter list, but I'm thinking of focusing on the games I supported; however, I haven't received any of them yet besides the Boss Monster prototype. I'm not sure how well received this list would be, but I'd talk about my opinions on the games and whether it was worth the investment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more game day before I head back to school: Game Day 01/12/2013
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just posted my first last night.
What's Your Super Duper Chocolate-covered Board Game Fantasy?

I hope more folks add items to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann Th.
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also made my first geeklist : Did you name your pet after a board game ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've had a few lately.

Who's Who Geeklist: Add an Entry to Find Out How Recognizable You Are on the Geek and Win a Tiny Amount of GG and Who's Who: Getting to Know the Geeks.

And Scarlett_O and the Quest for the Golden Camel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to promote the geek list

Ladies! Let's CRUSH our stereotype!!

just created by

Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb

Great idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I created 3 new Geeklists over the past few months.

A Brick Breakdown Guide to LEGO Games

BGG Women Gamers: A Peek at What Games Pique our Interests

Kickstarter Games I Backed & What I Think About Them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer Mom
United States
Berwick
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping to get as much (if not more) participation from women gamers as men for the following:

LADIES... I'm counting on your input in a new "Feld Game" Geeklist

I created it mostly out of a desire to get a snapshot of the BGG community of the Feld games and how they compare to each other. Since it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to create a poll, or ranking system, of ONLY Feld games, I created one:

What if Stefan Feld Games were the Last Games on Earth

Your input (and your thumb on the Geeklist) is MOST appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.