Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the two player rules, are all three players still adjacent? Or does each player just have a single neighbor (the free city)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're all adjacent. Why wouldn't you be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough. I think the border card confused me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lacey
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the border indicates that nobody is to that side. You only fight against the AI character that you alternate for. That's why two player isn't as fun as the game with more players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen

Smyrna
Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was given the impression you interact with your opponent as well as the "AI" wonder/civ.

The border card is used to prevent cards from being passed left/ right and instead just exchanged with your opponent.

I suppose there is some ambiguity. We don't play this with two players and BGG voters recommend the same.  So I may not sought the answers as diligently so I am open to explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I find the 2 player variant quite fun, it's a lot more tactical than with 4+ players, although less so than with 3.

Anyway, yes, in two player you have two neighbours: One being your opponent, the other being the Free City, which you will be alternating control of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.