Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here we are in the final chapter of the Phillippe de Valois Marriage Bureau with much hitting of heads in wonder as the winner is declared. While the Leaderless Ottoman Army tanned itself on a North African beach Spain used Menendez de Aviles to add a second fortress and another patrol to the Antilles to fend off the attentions of Drake and de Sores. Unconcerned Drake lauched an assault, but was damaged and failed to grab any treasure. still, he returned home with 2,000 gold from his earlier raid and sponsored the scientist-explorer Humphrey Gilbert.

I ordered de Sores to move to the Guinea Coast and shifted my galley squadron to the English Channel to foil the Protestant siege of Rouen. The Emperor stamped out eastern Witchcraft used by the Ottomans (in Europe anyway). The Dutch Fleet crushed the French galley squadron and Nassau and William of Chocolate Orange assaulted Rouen with 12,000 men, each one of the brave garrsion being wounded twice before they fell to the Protestant hordes. They then marched on Paris and we were in big trouble, meanwhile de Clerk rounded Cape Horn and looted the Chilean Coast, making himself rich and famous.

The Sultan raised some 1,000 cavalry and finally, yes finally received postcard from Tunis giving him the news he wanted; Dear Murad, today walls have been breached, towers have fallen and an unstopped tide has rushed the ramparts, the sandcastle-building competition was a great success until the sea came in. Much love, the Leaderless Ottoman Army.

Spain preached Catholicim in London, York, Shrewsbury and Norwich, bringing the Protestant faith to low levels, so perhaps a Catholic Victory was possible? England ignored this and promised to patronise Marlowe's latest play The Big Sleep if he gave William of Orange the part of the victim, no acting required.

Using reverse pyschology I called for an election in Scotland, but the Protestants won and with four keys needed only Paris to dominate Europe. De Sores failed, was damaged by Portuguese patrols and limped back home with his treasure while I called on th Empire to assassinate Nassau, but the Emperor was committed to patronising Galileo. The Protestants marched Coligny & Co from la Rochelle to Paris and launched a first and final assault for victory, but could only kill 3,000 defenders and France was saved.

Now came the Ottoman's turn as the Truks finally staggered into action; Dear Murad, we went into the town tday and bought some dates, olive-bread and a few goats. Cheers, The Leaderless Ottoman Army. P.S. We saw Ottoman Auto-Victory and we knew you liked this sort of thing, so we got that as well. Well, that deserves a little victory dance...

Final Score

Ottomans +19 Keys +2 Piracy = 21 VPs (Auto-Victory)

England +6 Keys +0 Religion +5 Piracy +1 Virginia Dare +1 Artists +3 Circumnavigation +1 Enterprise of England +3 Assassination +2 Dutch Revolt +5 Virgin Queen = 27 VPs

Protestants +17 Keys +1 Religion +2 Piracy +2 Wedding +3 Artists +2 Dutch Revolt = 27 VPs

France +4 Keys +4 Piracy +3 Artists +3 Wedding +5 Paris +4 Valois = 23 VPs (I would have had +2 Paris at the end of the turn)

Spain +7 Keys +6 Religion +3 Scientists +2 Artists +1 Wedding +1 Assassination +2 Dutch Revolt = 22 VPs

Holy Roman Empire +0 Religion +8 Keys +2 Scientists +5 Artists +2 Wedding +1 Assassination = 18 VPs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Miller
msg tools
Excellent write ups Phillip. Nothing is going to beat Big Red getting sloshed in the bar when the conspirators meet back in episode 4 or 5 but it was very entertaining through out. NSFDLG really saved my bacon smashing Spain's forces all around Prague and Vienna. It allowed my leaderless assault on Tunis to eventually get it done.

Already 4 of the 6 players are regrouping for another go at it in Return of the Brisk or whatever it is called.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean the Lynch Bob Game?

Philip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.