Will Endicott
Australia
Newcastle (Maryland)
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys and gals

Long time gamer yet NEVER ever covered any games cards with sleeves

I have every Talisman and they are as you expect old and a little stale now even smelly a little, but am going to cover this new 4th edition one with card sleeves. Consider me a gaming veteran but a sleeve noob, no idea on sleeves.

Q?
1 Do you cover all cards or just the various "adventure decks" and spells? Character cards would not be held much so i assume not covered? What do you all do?
2 What sleeves do i get? I assume the final fantasy yellow "4" on the last page of instructions means something? If it is a specific product please give me the specific code so i am clear when i order them
3 How many boxes of sleeves do i need to cover all 4th and all expansions including coming city plus say a few extra for another expansion..
4 Where would you typically get them? ebay? fantasy flight?

cheers!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
will_rachelle wrote:
Q?
1 Do you cover all cards or just the various "adventure decks" and spells? Character cards would not be held much so i assume not covered? What do you all do?

I sleeved (TM) all of my Talisman cards. Yes, even the chracter cards, although the sleeves for these were especially made and I bought them from the guy who runs www.talismanisland.com
Thus it might be difficult to find matching sleeves for the character cards.
Quote:
2 What sleeves do i get? I assume the final fantasy yellow "4" on the last page of instructions means something? If it is a specific product please give me the specific code so i am clear when i order them

You can use:
Arcane Tinmen Board Game Sleeves Size: Mini, code: AT-10405
http://www.dragonshield.com/images/board-game-sleeves-mini-e...
Fantasy Flight Games Mini American Board Game Sleeves, code: FFS01
http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/client/Products/Prodimag...
Mayday Games Mini Chimera Card Sleeves, code: MDG-7045
http://maydaygames.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9...
Quote:
3 How many boxes of sleeves do i need to cover all 4th and all expansions including coming city plus say a few extra for another expansion..

Arcane Tinmen and Mayday Games packages contain 100 sleeves each, Fantasy Flight Games ones 50 per package. The ones from FFG are a bit thicker (and thus tougher), but that's not necessary.
You can download all rulebooks on the FFG site, they tell you how many cards are inside. Just don't forget that character cards, alternative ending cards and special cards (Toad, Reaper, Werewolf) are the large cards for which sleeves are not regularly available.
Quote:
4 Where would you typically get them? ebay? fantasy flight?

Your friendly local game store has them, either brick and mortar or on the internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray.T
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG also sells sleeves for their games. Just match the color code. The rule book will tell you which sleeves to order. Some game stores also sell FFG sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Keef
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A1a: I cover all of the small cards with the previously mentioned FFS01 yellow labeled FFG Official Sleeves.
A1b: The Character cards, NPC Cards, Alternate Ending and Draconic Lord Cards are best protected with the www.talismanisland.com sleeves. I will try to find the ordering page for you.

A2a: If price is not an issue, I would lean towards the official FFG sleeves. http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?SKU=F...
A2b: The product code is FFS01 on Fantasy Flights own store. Unfortunately they are currently out of stock.

A3a: There are 1180 small cards in the FFG 4th ed. Talisman Base up to the Blood Moon Expansion. See Below -->

467 ADVENTURE DECK TOTAL
142 HIGHLAND DECK TOTAL
128 DUNGEON DECK TOTAL
126 SPELL DECK TOTAL
56 VARTHRAX DECK TOTAL
56 CADORUS DECK TOTAL
56 GRILIPUS DECK TOTAL
36 WARLOCK QUEST DECK TOTAL
28 PURCHASE DECK TOTAL
24 QUEST REWARD DECK TOTAL
16 LUNER EVENT DECK
12 STABLES DECK TOTAL
10 TREASURE DECK TOTAL
8 ALIGNMENT DECK TOTAL
7 TIME & LYCANTHROPE DECK TOTAL
4 RELIC DECK TOTAL
4 TALISMAN DECK TOTAL
1180 ALL 18 CARD DECKS GRAND TOTAL
176 CITY DECKS GUESS by PSiEK311
1352 SMALL CARDS TO BE SLEEVED?

58 CHARACTER & NPC CARDS
21 ENDING & MISC CARDS
79 LARGE TALISMAN ISLAND SLEEVES

If you guess the City Expansion will come with 186 total piece count, which leaves 172 cards between the various decks. This is just an educated guess (only 58 pieces of the City Expansion have been explicitly shown.) See my theory below:

90 CITY DECK
12 ARMOURY DECK
12 MAGIC EMPORIUM DECK
12 PET DECK
12 POTIONS DECK
12 STABLES DECK
18 WANTED POSTER CARDS
4 ALIGNMENT CARDS (NEUTRAL)
1 CITY RULEBOOK
1 CITY REGION BOARD
6 CHARACTER CARDS
6 CHARACTER FIGURES
186 ALL CITY PIECES

--> To actually answer your question I would say 30 packs of 50 or (3 10-pack boxes of 50 sleeves) 1500 sleeves total.

A3b: 1500 sleeves should cover you for Talisman Base -> Blood Moon, City and a future Small Expansion.

A4a. I bought all of mine at a local game store.

**Warning Personal Plug!**
I made a list of all the components, you can get it here.

Talisman Revised 4th Edition English Game Component Check-Off List for ALL Expansions V2.0

This is a one sheet (2 pages) check-off list for the components of Fantasy Flight Games' Talisman Revised 4th Edition, The Reaper Expansion, The Dungeon Expansion, The Frostmarch Expansion, The Highland Expansion, The Sacred Pool Expansion, The Dragon Expansion, and The Blood Moon Expansion.

Print on both sides of a single piece of paper, and laminate that's it. Grab a fine tip Sharpie dry erase board marker and then check-off your Talisman Components to make sure you don't lose any of you pieces.

There are 3 different versions of my Check-Off list; hopefully at least one of them will be of use to you. This will be the last 2 page (1 sheet) before the 4th Edition City Expansion comes out. I will have to change the page format, because the print will be too small to be useful. I may incorporate a player mat back to each one of the sheets, that way when I go from 2 page to 3 page, your expensive printer ink won't be wasted!

PAGE 1-2 BLACK & WHITE SUBTOTALS BY EXPANSION
PAGE 3-4 COLOR SUBTOTALS BY EXPANSION
PAGE 5-6 BLACK & WHITE NO SUBTOTALS ALPHABETICAL BY DECK
PAGE 7-8 COLOR NO SUBTOTALS ALPHABETICAL BY DECK
PAGE 9-10 BLACK & WHITE NO SUBTOTALS ALL ALPHABETICAL
PAGE 11-12 COLOR NO SUBTOTALS ALL ALPHABETICAL

If you want the Excel file, or have suggestions or comments feel free to Geekmail me, and I will send you a copy free of charge.

Hopefully this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeve the cards to some of my games, but I haven't bothered with Talisman. For one, that's a lot of cards to sleeve, but for another, I don't really see the need in this case. It's Talisman -- if the cards get a bit worn, it's not going to ruin the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Endicott
Australia
Newcastle (Maryland)
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow

thanks

thanks

thanks

thanks

understood all, think i will get one pack to try then go for 1500

thanks for the detail and links, truely appreciate the time you put in

i knew BGG would help cheers guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Eastoe
United Kingdom
Martock
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/79067/talisman-list-of-com...

The original component list by yours truly!

Ell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I unsleeved my set (up to and including Blood Moon) and will take a reasonable price for them. They are FFG mini American sleeves, plus the character-sized ones. There are spares too, but not sure how many. Possibly a pack or two...

I'll even consider throwing in a perspex tray, as seen in the Features section of Talisman Island. (QRal's Trays page)

PM me here if interested...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.