Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Kelly
United States
Petersburg
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules it is is illegal to join two exits with a line on a single tile. Toward the end of our first 3 player game, my son had one of the tiles that has 3 short arcs on it. At that point the only open spots to place were next to exits, and so he couldn't legally place his tile. I couldn't find that covered in the rules, so we had him discard his tile and pull a different one. I figured I'd ask on here if anyone had a clearer ruling on that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you will find that if you rotate that tile slightly that you would then be able to legally place it (i.e., the short arc on the single tile is no longer connecting two exits). It may not be advantageous to either of you to place it, but it would still be legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Kelly
United States
Petersburg
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, OK. That is embarrassing. None of the three of us noticed that.I'll take the "too much Christmas cheer" defense for myself and my brother-in-law. Thank you for the kind reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tricky Joke
msg tools
mbmb
It is probably noteworthy to mention that it is legal to connect 2 entrances with 2 or more tiles, that rule gives your opponent a chance to ruin your attempt to block his way of getting gems.

When I say Entrance, I mean: Entrance of scoring zone, exit from the tile connecting the scoring zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Les Coteaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played 5 games, two at 2 player and 3 at three player. In both of three players we had problems by the end since all 5 pieces were illegal. We just ruled that the gem was lost.
It seem that if you have a Sharp corner on your first door emplacement on the left and the same on the right extremity, you are stuck in limbo as there is no way to go in the middle with a correct placement that wont connect two entrances.

Like this :

No matter how you try, all tiles will end up giving you a door to door route in the middle.

If you cant place a tile where you want, you have to place it somewhere else on the board is what we did.

TrickyG wrote:
It is probably noteworthy to mention that it is legal to connect 2 entrances with 2 or more tiles, that rule gives your opponent a chance to ruin your attempt to block his way of getting gems.

When I say Entrance, I mean: Entrance of scoring zone, exit from the tile connecting the scoring zone.

Well the rules say "It is forbidden to block two exits by placing a curve directly against them" I took it as "You cant connect two exits together". But I think I will make it legal for the next times, to make sure that we do not end up with that kind of situations often. It does make sense that they simply mean "Cant place a tile that directly block two exits"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the rule only forbids a direct single-tile connection between entrances (where the gems immediately vanish without entering the board. A multi tile one where the gems come out to play isn't a problem. It simply prevents a 6-tile immediate nerfing of all the low-point gems.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See the dashed image of a curve, with a cross on top of it on the edge of the board? That is the exact play that is forbidden, nothing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What ^he said!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
See the dashed image of a curve, with a cross on top of it on the edge of the board? That is the exact play that is forbidden, nothing else.

Is that play illegal only on the hex directly below that image? or is it on any of the 3 hexes at the edge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That image appears on all the hexes where that play is forbidden. It applies to all three edge hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
That image appears on all the hexes where that play is forbidden. It applies to all three edge hexes.

I guess I didn't look at my board that closely. Was just going from the image earlier in this thread but now noticed the other 2 hexes have tiles on them which is covering up the image. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.