Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
1) If the Magellans (who get 1VP per discovery tiles used for it's bonus) find an Ancient Orbital or Warp Portal and place it on the board, do they still get 1VP? (The rules say they should "Keep" used tiles for 1VP, but I'm not sure if that's a requirement or just to make it easier to count).

Edit/Answer -- They do not get the point. I found it in the rulebook FAQ.

2) If the Planta gets Neutron Absorbers, does that remove their racial weakness ("everyone has neutron bombs against you?"). That's probably in the rules.

Edit/Answer
-- It doesn't. They can research it to deny it. It is indeed in the rulebook FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Good question; I would assume yes, but this should definitely be addressed officially.

2) It's indeed in the rules; The answer is no. However, the Planta can still research Neutron Absorbers to deny their use to anyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bankler wrote:
1) If the Magellans (who get 1VP per discovery tiles used for it's bonus) find an Ancient Orbital or Warp Portal and place it on the board, do they still get 1VP? (The rules say they should "Keep" used tiles for 1VP, but I'm not sure if that's a requirement or just to make it easier to count).

Edit/Answer -- They do not get the point. I found it in the rulebook FAQ.

Interesting. Did you look it up in your actual rulebook? I can't find it in the online version. As far as I can see, that one hasn't been updated since October, but it includes the answer to your Planta question.

However, reading the rules again, it makes sense that they don't get a point from those two discoveries, as they're neither 'discarded' nor 'used as a ship part'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it was on the last page FAQ in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.