Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Burcar
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I had a pretty good idea on how combat and point defense weapons worked, but the combat example from the rulebook doesn't seem to mesh with what I know. Hopefully you guys can clear up whether I'm wrong or the example is wrong...

Okay, the combat example I'm talking about is on page 17. Initially, Iain fires his flux missiles. He has 4 cruisers in the space with Flux Missiles, which should lead to 8 yellow dice being rolled. The example seems to show 5 hits being scored with 1 die being rolled a miss. I don't believe I'm missing something here - I think it's just a typo where they forget about one of the ships. If I'm wrong on this, please let me know.

Secondly, though, on the continuation of this combat example, Alastair fires the point defense weapon from his cruiser. He hits with his Antimatter Cannon and is allowed to split it into 4 individual damage packets. However, Alistair only destroys the two missiles directly targeting the cruiser itself. Couldn't he have used the point defense to destroy the missiles targeting the orbital as well? I don't think you have use point defenses only against the ships with the point defense themselves...

EDIT: AH! That's an *allied* orbital so they can't blow up those missiles. If that was Alistair's orbital they could be used to defend it, right? Anyways, I guess the first question about the typo still stands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
The error in the example is in the Errata:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/876525/rise-of-the-ancie...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.