Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claudio
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play Rafts and Canoes, does it count for all your lakes during that scoring round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going off memory here (from a rules read even, not having played yet): I believe you pick one lake, not all lakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You can play this card during a scoring phase. You may consider two separate territories bordering the same lake as adjacent.

- Rulebook

Quote:
Two territories on the same lake are considered adjacent.

- Card text

In both cases it is unclear whether the card changes the rules for the scoring phase for the player or is specific to a particular lake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get what you're saying, but when I read those I would never have considered your interpretation. I probably would have written the rule the same way they did because the posited ambiguity would not have occurred to me.

For starters, both the card and the rulebook refer to precisely two territories. It would be a stretch for me to read that as "for each lake, pick two territories that border it; the chosen territories are considered adjacent this scoring round." And, of course, if they had meant "all territories bordering lakes are adjacent" they would have just written that. Lastly, I'm pretty sure the either of the latter interpretations would be extremely powerful compared to other cards.

Obviously, I have no inside knowledge, and people write some pretty dumb things in rulebooks sometimes, but until someone official replies, I think all of the natural indicators would suggest this applies to exactly one lake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty much with you on this. But I'll defer to my wife until someone official chimes in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, the card only applies to exactly one Lake and two territories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.