Hide
11 Posts

Boss Monster: The Dungeon Building Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pixel Lincoln clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cay Man
msg tools
When Pixel Lincoln appears in town each player *may* draw up to three cards. My question is: Does the player with the highest XP boss draw first, and if so, does he/she have to decide how many cards to draw before any other player (in XP order) gets to draw?

Also, if Pixel Lincoln is sent back to town (via Fear, etc.) does the "draw cards" effect repeat?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John M
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
CaymanS wrote:
When Pixel Lincoln appears in town each player *may* draw up to three cards. My question is: Does the player with the highest XP boss draw first, and if so, does he/she have to decide how many cards to draw before any other player (in XP order) gets to draw?

Also, if Pixel Lincoln is sent back to town (via Fear, etc.) does the "draw cards" effect repeat?

Thanks!

This belongs in http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/898432/boss-monster-prot... this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Legend Montgomery
msg tools
mbmb
d0ct0rscarecr0w wrote:
CaymanS wrote:

Thanks!

This belongs in http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/898432/boss-monster-prot... this thread.

Actually, all those rules questions in that thread belong here in this forum, the rules forum. Maybe those people should be redirected here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malcogent wrote:
d0ct0rscarecr0w wrote:
CaymanS wrote:

Thanks!

Actually, all those rules questions in that thread belong here in this forum, the rules forum. Maybe those people should be redirected here?

Not everything discussed in that forum is rules. It could be UI suggestions or gameplay sessions. So it feels better suited in General.
Also I believe at least for the prototype its much easier to place everything into one thread for BWG to read

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Legend Montgomery
msg tools
mbmb
Koey wrote:
Also I believe at least for the prototype its much easier to place everything into one thread for BWG to read

A fair point. It can all get sorted out later I suppose.

CaymanS wrote:

Thanks!

I would imagine that highest XP goes first, just to make things easier. So yeah, the first player would have to decide how many to draw. I guess it all comes down to whether you want to have Pixel Lincoln come thru your dungeon or try and force him thru someone elses.

And no, I believe the effect only goes off the FIRST time he appears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cay Man
msg tools
Koey: There is nothing preventing BWG from reading this forum. Again, rule questions are getting lost in the insanely long prototype thread. If we post rule questions here then BWG can get a feel for the type of things people are confused about and can update the manual accordingly. Moving forward my rule questions go here.

Malcogent: Thank you very much for the response man. I played a game last night where we followed your exact description and it worked out great.

Best,
CS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Legend Montgomery
msg tools
mbmb
No prob, Cay Man. Glad to help.

I do wanna make sure of just one thing cause I realized how I phrased that could be misinterpreted. The player who goes first doesn't choose how many cards everyone else draws. Each player must make the choice of drawing 0-3 cards for themselves. You probably already knew that but I wanted to be sure I didn't confuse you about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaymanS wrote:
Koey: There is nothing preventing BWG from reading this forum. Again, rule questions are getting lost in the insanely long prototype thread. If we post rule questions here then BWG can get a feel for the type of things people are confused about and can update the manual accordingly. Moving forward my rule questions go here.

Malcogent: Thank you very much for the response man. I played a game last night where we followed your exact description and it worked out great.

Best,
CS

I am saying its best for that to go into that thread is because that thread is mainly for the prototype and we should not overpopulate questions in the Rules section that would not end up being in the end game.
Cause I would hate to stumble in here after the game has launched to know this is an unrelated thread because this was related to a prototype version of the game.
That was my rationale in posting there at least for the prototype for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cay Man
msg tools
Koey wrote:
I am saying its best for that to go into that thread is because that thread is mainly for the prototype and we should not overpopulate questions in the Rules section that would not end up being in the end game.
Cause I would hate to stumble in here after the game has launched to know this is an unrelated thread because this was related to a prototype version of the game.

I understand what you are saying but there *isn't* a real game yet. When the real game ships there can a "Prototype Rules" forum that can stick around (or not) and a "Released Game Rules" forum.

For now we need a place dedicated to rule questions that are not buried by the ton of non-rule related material in the prototype thread.

I can't even imagine BWG trying to sift through all the info in the prototype thread. But they could *easily* come here and quickly answer questions.

If people are dead set on the "prototype" thing then there should be an entire prototype *forum* where people can make individual posts instead of growing a single thread into a ridiculous number of pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaymanS wrote:
Koey wrote:

I understand what you are saying but there *isn't* a real game yet. When the real game ships there can a "Prototype Rules" forum that can stick around (or not) and a "Released Game Rules" forum.

For now we need a place dedicated to rule questions that are not buried by the ton of non-rule related material in the prototype thread.

I can't even imagine BWG trying to sift through all the info in the prototype thread. But they could *easily* come here and quickly answer questions.

If people are dead set on the "prototype" thing then there should be an entire prototype *forum* where people can make individual posts instead of growing a single thread into a ridiculous number of pages.

BWG has been relatively great at reading through comments with the experience of KS comment page. So I am not worried with them sifting through the comments.

I don't believe BGG has the ability of creating sub-forums. Which is why BWG has elected to use a thread until their forum is established.

They can easily elect to subscribe to their prototype thread so they can get questions and answer when they see fit. Which would save them time compared to having to check out each sub-forums if there are new question or just people discussing/commenting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cay Man
msg tools
Koey wrote:
BWG has been relatively great at reading through comments with the experience of KS comment page. So I am not worried with them sifting through the comments.

I don't believe BGG has the ability of creating sub-forums. Which is why BWG has elected to use a thread until their forum is established.

They can easily elect to subscribe to their prototype thread so they can get questions and answer when they see fit. Which would save them time compared to having to check out each sub-forums if there are new question or just people discussing/commenting.

Gotcha. I'm still going to ask my rule questions here. I know they are working on getting their own forums up and running so hopefully they'll have more flexibility more forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.