Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio B-D
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mb
The question is pretty simple. I was playing a random game with the Profaned and I couldn't figure how it was played. Why, you ask? Well, it uses 2 different words for something that (I thought) was the same. So you gain "Disease" and you can eliminate "curses". Is there a reason for such differentiation that I am missing?

Moreover. In Level 2 it tells you to gain a Disease. And to let you get rid of a curse. If they are the same, can I get rid of the same curse I gain a second before? I understand not as "gain" I take it as putting it in your discard pile (thus not affecting the combat with -1 attack, nor being able to be thrash). Am I correct?

thanks in advance.

BTW, If AEG could also give us some information on 2 things I would greatly appreaciate.

- Next expansion. When?

- iOS app actualization.When?

And whilst I am at it, I might as well add some wish list. What I would like to see on a future expansion.

- More avatars levels. I like the idea of Avatars, and the fact that you can keep on improving your character is really nice. A level 3/4 cards would be nice. Or you could have level 3 only cards but with mixed abilities. So your level 2 fighter could upgrade to a level 3 fighter/wizard or a level 3 fighter/thief....

- More familiars. Familiars have been neglected in both expansions and really could benefit from some variety.

- Black Market. A villager like the Black Market in dominion where you could buy other cards not on the deck. The Module Market Under the Lake already explores this.

Happy New Year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black spark
msg tools
The Curses also have the keyword "Disease" on them. Previous Thunderstone sets used Diseases, and Curses are the Diseases introduced in Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin. When playing with the Profaned, the Profaned Randomizer card specifies using Curses for the Diseases. Short answer: there is no need to differente between Curses and Diseases because Curses are Diseases.

I believe you are correct regarding how the Level 2 Profaned works. The Level 2 Profaned allows you to gain a Curse and destroy a Disease (ie. another Curse). When you gain a Curse it goes to your discard pile, not to your hand. When a Curse is in your hand the Level 2 (or 3) Profaned can destroy it. So you generally can't gain a Curse and also destroy the same Curse in the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Quick

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black spark has it right.

Curses are a particular kind of disease. Unlike regular diseases, curses come with a built-in way to clean them out of your deck. But they are still diseases, so any cleric from any Thunderstone set can treat them like diseases.

We have news about our next releases coming in January. Days away!

Your wish list is noted -- with interest!

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks to both of you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonewolf
France
flag msg tools
and about the - iOS app actualization ? ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonewolf
France
flag msg tools
Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:
We have news about our next releases coming in January. Days away! Jeff

January is gone and no news ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.