$10.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: A Couple questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ben priest
United Kingdom
Sleaford
lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Some things I need to know that I can't find in rules.

1. My friend got turned itno a toad on the same space as me due to the witch, they dropped the items etc as instructed, now it is my go am I permitted to take the items from the space before I move or could I only pick them up if I land on space after moving?

2. The fountain cards that let you pick up strength and craft that say to place 4 strength or craft, say that you can pick up one when you visit, does me drawing the card and being there count as a visit I would say yes but unsure. If so do I place only 3 counters and take one or do I place 4 as instructed and take one?

3. Similar to last question If i start my turn on enemy character or a enemy just fought can I fight them again before moving?

4. Final question If i go on a space where somone as dropped an item and it says draw 1 card on the space, can I draw a card after picking up the item or is picking up the item my encounter?

Thanks for the help
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forsaken One
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ben priest wrote:
Some things I need to know that I can't find in rules.

1. My friend got turned itno a toad on the same space as me due to the witch, they dropped the items etc as instructed, now it is my go am I permitted to take the items from the space before I move or could I only pick them up if I land on space after moving?

2. The fountain cards that let you pick up strength and craft that say to place 4 strength or craft, say that you can pick up one when you visit, does me drawing the card and being there count as a visit I would say yes but unsure. If so do I place only 3 counters and take one or do I place 4 as instructed and take one?

3. Similar to last question If i start my turn on enemy character or a enemy just fought can I fight them again before moving?

4. Final question If i go on a space where somone as dropped an item and it says draw 1 card on the space, can I draw a card after picking up the item or is picking up the item my encounter?

Thanks for the help


1. You can only pick them up if you land on the space.
2. Yes it does count. You would place down 4 (Or however many the card states) and then take one for yourself.
3. No.
4. Items count as your encounter. So if there was 1 item in the Hidden Valley then you would only draw 2 cards to make it up to 3.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben priest
United Kingdom
Sleaford
lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thats great thanks for the quick response and help
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thee Forsaken One wrote:
ben priest wrote:
Some things I need to know that I can't find in rules.

1. My friend got turned itno a toad on the same space as me due to the witch, they dropped the items etc as instructed, now it is my go am I permitted to take the items from the space before I move or could I only pick them up if I land on space after moving?

2. The fountain cards that let you pick up strength and craft that say to place 4 strength or craft, say that you can pick up one when you visit, does me drawing the card and being there count as a visit I would say yes but unsure. If so do I place only 3 counters and take one or do I place 4 as instructed and take one?

3. Similar to last question If i start my turn on enemy character or a enemy just fought can I fight them again before moving?

4. Final question If i go on a space where somone as dropped an item and it says draw 1 card on the space, can I draw a card after picking up the item or is picking up the item my encounter?

Thanks for the help


1. You can only pick them up if you land on the space.
2. Yes it does count. You would place down 4 (Or however many the card states) and then take one for yourself.
3. No.
4. Items count as your encounter. So if there was 1 item in the Hidden Valley then you would only draw 2 cards to make it up to 3.


These are all correct. Your first question isn't clear whether you were referring to being a toad yourself or not. A toad cannot pick up items even if he lands on a space that already has items. Plus if you are not a toad and someone drops items on a space you are already in, you could not pick them up without first moving off the space and then back to it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray.T
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thee Forsaken One wrote:
ben priest wrote:


2. The fountain cards that let you pick up strength and craft that say to place 4 strength or craft, say that you can pick up one when you visit, does me drawing the card and being there count as a visit I would say yes but unsure. If so do I place only 3 counters and take one or do I place 4 as instructed and take one?




2. Yes it does count. You would place down 4 (Or however many the card states) and then take one for yourself.


Also note, that you might not be able to get to the fountain. You must encounter the cards by number, so if you draw the fountain and a dragon, then you must encounter the dragon first which might prevent you from encountering the fountain.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forsaken One
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RayGuns wrote:
Thee Forsaken One wrote:
ben priest wrote:


2. The fountain cards that let you pick up strength and craft that say to place 4 strength or craft, say that you can pick up one when you visit, does me drawing the card and being there count as a visit I would say yes but unsure. If so do I place only 3 counters and take one or do I place 4 as instructed and take one?




2. Yes it does count. You would place down 4 (Or however many the card states) and then take one for yourself.


Also note, that you might not be able to get to the fountain. You must encounter the cards by number, so if you draw the fountain and a dragon, then you must encounter the dragon first which might prevent you from encountering the fountain.

I find teleporting Imps and Storms are the worst for that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.