Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Hartig
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

These are more clarifications I guess.
Hope you can help me with a few questions.

1. I guess I can CLIMB and DIVE during the SAME turn, right?
I.e. I can plan: CLIMB-STRAIGHT-DIVE?

2. Can I use the last straight of an Immelmann turn as the beginning of the NEXT Immelmann turn?
I.e. can I plan (over two game Turns): STRAIGHT-Immelmann-STRAIGHT-Immelmann-etc.?

3. Overlapping airplanes cannot shoot at each other.
Is this still true, when the overlapping aircraft are at DIFFERENT altitude levels?

4. Observers and the Immelmann turn.
a) As I understand it (page 24), an observer cannot fire to the rear after EACH of the THREE (ST-IM-ST) Immelmann maneuver cards, right?

b) Can a two-seater with the Immelmann card in it's deck excecute a Split-S maneuver?
If yes, I guess the same limitations (not rear shooting after the 3 maneuver cards) apply?

5. The "Rudder Jam" damage is only efective for ONE turn, right?
After this turn, the rudder works normally again, I guess?

Thank you!

Fred
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.

1. In the original rules, you can not. Only 1 among climb, dive, Immelmann, or Split-S each turn. I fear that the rulebook must be corrected. Anyway you can probably play climbing and diving in the same turn with no damage to the system.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4a. Yes. This is why it speaks of the Immelmann maneuvre card and the maneuvre just before and just after it (usually a straight, but it could be a different one if the maneuvre si a Split-S (so the first card is a stall instead) or if the pilot has an Acrobatic pilot skill (so he can choose any maneuvre as the third card).

4b. Yes, the two-seater having an Immelmann card can use it for a Split-S. This uses an Immelmann card, so the limitation (that is for the Immelmann cards, the one before and the one after) apply to the Split-S too.

5. Yes, the whole turn after it is drawn. Not the rest of the turn in which it is drawn, nor the following turns after the full turn of penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Hartig
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grazie mille and a Happy New Year 2013!

Fred
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.