$35.00
$22.00
$32.00
$25.00
Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

No Retreat! The Russian Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solitaire Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walt MacEachern
United States
Phoenix
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have downloaded the solitaire expansion. If I'm reading this right, the solitaire event cards are not discarded when used. They are reshuffled into the deck, so that each draw is a 1 in 12 chance? This would mean a 12 sided die with a page printout of the cards would serve as well as trying to make individual cards. Is this correct?
4 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
waltermac wrote:
I have downloaded the solitaire expansion. If I'm reading this right, the solitaire event cards are not discarded when used. They are reshuffled into the deck, so that each draw is a 1 in 12 chance? This would mean a 12 sided die with a page printout of the cards would serve as well as trying to make individual cards. Is this correct?


Yes this is correct. A few gamers are doing just that already.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Walt... this is a very simple, but great idea. Now I don't need to cut out the new cards I got in the newest C3i issue!

Thank you.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SW_Cygnus wrote:
Walt... this is a very simple, but great idea. Now I don't need to cut out the new cards I got in the newest C3i issue!

Thank you.


Especially since GMT forgot to print the dotted cut lines on the cards... surprise cry
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey Carl! Love the game and would hate to be missing out on something cry

Is there anything in the c3i solitaire expansion that in not found in in the downloadable content that the GMT game included? Toguether with the counters marked as solitaire?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkS0uL wrote:
Hey Carl! Love the game and would hate to be missing out on something cry

Is there anything in the c3i solitaire expansion that in not found in in the downloadable content that the GMT game included? Toguether with the counters marked as solitaire?


Nope. meeple

But there are a few "new control" counters included in the C3i Mag (12 of them I think), but nothing that you really need to play the game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
licinius wrote:
Nope. meeple

But there are a few "new control" counters included in the C3i Mag (12 of them I think), but nothing that you really need to play the game.


Who am I kidding, I'm most probably going to get me a copy as soon I as I order from my friendly semi-local online shop next time
I've not used the download key until now simply because im not that much into p&p and prefer the professionally crafted bits. meeple

Could you explain those new control tokens?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkS0uL wrote:

Could you explain those new control tokens?


As explained in the C3i mag:

"You use the bonus "New Control" counters in the game to mark newly captured cities and objectives for the current Player-Turn. This will make computing those extra victory points easier: when adding these to the VP total replace them with the regular "round" control markers. They will also be useful when deploying units from the Rail Movement Box (as these cannot trace their move from newly-captured cities)".

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.