Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doobermite
United States
East Fallowfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got Legendary for Christmas, sleeved all the cards, and played it a bunch of times. While I do like it and it's a beautiful, varied game, I just don't find it as engaging as the Star Trek game. Star Trek has lots more interesting cards and effects and lots of the goals and events are tough to meet given the appropriate rewards and punishments. There's more decisions to make and more stats to keep track of. I get the sense of really building the stats of my deck in order to achieve my goals.

Legendary is a similar game in terms of mechanics. I know you can adjust the difficulty but it still seems simplistic to me. I just don't get that feeling of angst while playing. In Star Trek you never know what event might come up or which goal will suddenly be completed or changed. In Star Trek almost all of the Characters are different. In Legendary you can be sure some of the same heroes will show up over and over again and sometimes just sit there in the display.

Star Trek is quick to play right out of the box and I hope more people discover the coolness of this game and not write it off so quickly because of the rulebook. Legendary does have a better rulebook. I like The Star Trek Deck Building Game - Original Series better than Legendary. It's just as thematic but more challenging without having to make adjustments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree it's a great game. If only STDBG:TOS could get it's rulebook act together....

At first I thought at least the rulebook graphics were okay until I realized that they put mission cards into the starbase layout photos, even on the back box cover. Face slap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.