Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Ekberg
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
(Cross posted with the 1st edition forum, but game was played using 2nd edition, original post made when only 1 entry existed)

Today I held the first game of War of the Ring using my 10mm miniatures, testing it on my three regular gaming companions. It worked quite well, and partly as intended. The miniatures did take up a lot less space, showing more of the beautiful map and the difference between the nations was made clearer, something which had earlier troubled my opponents.

Lots of pictures below. Unfortunately I forgot my camera and had to settle with my iphone:

Sauthron army marching on Pelargir. The oliphants are GW and the regulars are Achaemenid Persians from Old Glory. The Gondor regulars are from the excellent Copplestone range (http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=FAN):

One of Saurons' armies heading for Minas Tirith. I used the plastic Nazguls as I didn´t find any good 10mm metal ones. The Gondor Elite and Leaders are from TB line (East European Cavalry, http://www.tridentebologna.it/miniature_E.php?category=34&ep...)

The Fellowship was revealed early and then headed through Moria:

A close up of Gondor units:

A Rohan leader (white horse), a regular and elite, Saruman has not yet attacked the Fords of Isen:

Saruman to the left, sending his elite wolf riders against Helms Deep:

Helms Deep under siege:

Gandalf the White and a hobbit in Fangorn:

An overview:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kakaris Maelstrom
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your images are all broken to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ekberg
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see them myself. I tried pasting in the links again, better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kakaris Maelstrom
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The two images following these lines still do not show for me...

One of Saurons' armies heading for Minas Tirith. I used the plastic Nazguls as I didn´t find any good 10mm metal ones. The Gondor Elite and Leaders are from TB line (East European Cavalry,

The Fellowship was revealed early and then headed through Moria:

Otherwise, looks pretty nice!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ekberg
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, should be fixed now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those figures are beautiful. Just the work that went I to finding more than suitable replacements is amazing and the paint job is unbelievable. Excellent post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.