$10.00
Brian Modreski
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We were a little confused when 'Discovery' also contained some Inventions (blue) and Historical Events (red). Is it supposed to contain a mix, or is this a packing error?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rachfal
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that the original Timeline: Inventions had a few/couple of the "other types" of cards too. The vast majority should be "discoveries" though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked this up today, and mine is actually labeled "Science and Discoveries" - not just "Discoveries" on the front of the tin. It also has two symbols (the microscope and the globe) rather than just the globe.

Haven't looked through the cards but it seems there are different versions floating about!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Plate
msg tools
I actually bought both the "Discoveries" and the "Science and Discoveries" boxes for comparison, and they're different! The Discoveries box has some red, blue, beige, and purple cards along with the yellow cards. The Science and Discoveries box only has the yellow cards.

As far as I can recall, the red and blue cards included in Discoveries are ones that come with the Inventions and Historical Events boxes. It's frustrating not to know if I have all the cards, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is really interesting - since the image on the cover seems to be the same for the two sets ("Discoveries" and "Science and Discoveries"). Did you purchase them in North America? I have not seen just "Discoveries" in any of my FLGS.

In any case, this was a hit with my wife. We picked up "Science and Discoveries" and "Inventions" - any recommendations for which of the other sets might be fun? I was thinking "Diversity" as the next one (we aren't really interested in art history so "Music and Cinema" might not be too great for us). I was also interested in "Historical Events" but fear it might be too war-centric.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.