Popular Tags: [View All]
Joan Altamirano
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello I finally bought the game.

And I have a very basic question.

1. Can you drain multiple domains to play for a card? Example: I have a 3 cost neutral card in the first turn and drained each domain I have to pay for the 3 cost of the card?

Or each card you play must be paid for an individual domain???? Meaning that a 6 cost card can only be played for a domain that has 6 resources attached to it?

I didnt understand that part on the rulebook.

2. Can you play an attachment card when there is no character in play or you always must play it to a character you already have in play?

That's it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole card cost needs to be paid from a single domain. ("Steadfast" requirements can be met by combining domains, however.)

Most attachments need to be attached immediately when played, and can't be played otherwise. The exceptions are generally indicated very clearly in the card text, describing how the card becomes an attachment after having been played independently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only use one domain to pay for a card, so yes - if you have a cost 6 card you need to have a domain with 6 resources to pay for it. This is a good thing though, it make you have to make interesting decisions on how to manage your resources. Also, allowing domains to combine to pay for a card would greatly change the way cards are costed - small cards that today are included to make good use out of your smaller domains would be used much less and people would be able to play even the highest cost cards much earlier in the game.

Each attachment card will say what it attaches to. Some attach to characters, others to stories or whatever. You do need to have a valid target to attach it to, whatever sort of target that is. Also, not all Support cards are attachments, many of them stand on their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joan Altamirano
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
The whole card cost needs to be paid from a single domain. ("Steadfast" requirements can be met by combining domains, however.)

Most attachments need to be attached immediately when played, and can't be played otherwise. The exceptions are generally indicated very clearly in the card text, describing how the card becomes an attachment after having been played independently.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.