Neuroshima Hex! Doomsday Machine 1.0» Forums » Rules

Subject: Netted redirectors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose MGC
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The following question arose in my last game with DDM: when a DDM shooter is aiming to a redirector that is netted, does the shooter shoot 'over' the netted unit or does the shot get somehow stuck inside the ensnared redirector?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion redirecting is a passive ability and as such netting has no infliction upon it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Dembowski
Poland
Wroclaw
none
flag msg tools
I'd say the shooter shoots over the netted redirector, as the redirect ability stops working at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ausir wrote:
I'd say the shooter shoots over the netted redirector, as the redirect ability stops working at all.

My thinking was based on Neojungle's Motherland - if NJ's unit is netted it is still part of motherland and passes it along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Dembowski
Poland
Wroclaw
none
flag msg tools
But the motherland is not the unit's own ability, it's an ability given to it by the HQ. If the Neojungle HQ is netted, the motherland doesn't work. In contrast, redirection is the unit's own ability, so I think it should cease to work when netted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ausir wrote:
But the motherland is not the unit's own ability, it's an ability given to it by the HQ. If the Neojungle HQ is netted, the motherland doesn't work. In contrast, redirection is the unit's own ability, so I think it should cease to work when netted.

I see your point and after consideration I agree with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose MGC
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifying discussion and happy New Year, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.