Subject: Influence Discs and Isolation: Being "cut off" from your civ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
In the last game I played of this (which also happened to be my first), a player took control of the center of the board. On my next turn, I happened to take the only space on the board that connected him to the center, and put my influence disc there. The rules seem to insist that your "civilization" must be connected at all points so we became curious; what happens to his influence disc on the center? does he lose it until he can reestablish a connection to the rest of the civ and use the influence action?

i tried looking for an answer here, but didn't find any, so apologies in advance if this is a frequently asked question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Eastern Pennsylvania Game Society
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Where does it say that your civilization has to be connected?

You can skip systems when placing influence if you use a ship instead (when useing the influence action).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no need at all to keep our civilization connected, in fact you may abandon systems due to Supernovas or just because you don't find a system useful anymore.

So that player keeps control of the Galactic Centre until either he leaves it on his own or any other player wins a battle there against him and manages to destroy his population.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.