Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Boss Monster: The Dungeon Building Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Prototype rules question: Crushinator damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian A
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
May I take your trident, sir?
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so in my very first play, I was really loving the crushinator. But was I playing it right? I would destroy a room, exposing the room below it, and then I'd tack the +2 bonus onto that. Is this right? Should the newly exposed room get the bonus?

Also, if the crushinator is activated once the hero is in the dungeon (say, in the first room), does the bonus damage get applied to the room the hero is currently in?

And I assume end of turn means the effect lasts for all the heroes lined up to enter your dungeon...

I'm really doing a good job confusing myself!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John M
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
bigthos wrote:
Okay, so in my very first play, I was really loving the crushinator. But was I playing it right? I would destroy a room, exposing the room below it, and then I'd tack the +2 bonus onto that. Is this right? Should the newly exposed room get the bonus?

Also, if the crushinator is activated once the hero is in the dungeon (say, in the first room), does the bonus damage get applied to the room the hero is currently in?

And I assume end of turn means the effect lasts for all the heroes lined up to enter your dungeon...

I'm really doing a good job confusing myself!

most of these were already addressed actually.

Yes, it applies to the room underneath, yes the room the hero is in gets the bonus... assuming you haven't already applied damage from the room, so the hero cant take the first damage from the destroy room and then take more damage after destroying it.

yes, its applied to the rooms not the heroes unlike boulder ramp so it effects all of them.

I was joking before on kickstarter. probably best NOT to create your own threads as one time threads bog down the rest of the forum. Also Brotherwise is unlikely to answer you here, they are more likely to answer it in the official thread for playtesting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian A
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
May I take your trident, sir?
mbmbmbmbmb
Umm, thanks?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Legend Montgomery
msg tools
mbmb
d0ct0rscarecr0w wrote:
[q="bigthos"]probably best NOT to create your own threads as one time threads bog down the rest of the forum.


This forum, the RULES forum, is dedicated for just this purpose... making threads about rules questions.

Perhaps it would be more helpful to post and pin a Rules FAQ here for players to look thru before posting a question already asked and clarified. It won't stop that from happening but may minimize it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John M
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
malcogent wrote:

This forum, the RULES forum, is dedicated for just this purpose... making threads about rules questions.

Perhaps it would be more helpful to post and pin a Rules FAQ here for players to look thru before posting a question already asked and clarified. It won't stop that from happening but may minimize it.

I must be using this forum wrong because for me it is just putting them all together.

anyway my point was that Brotherwise is more likely to read comments about cards and rules issues in the prototype in the prototype thread.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cay Man
msg tools
I sent BWG a message requesting that they read and periodically respond to the rule questions in this RULES forum.

This is where rule questions go. I am not going to post rule questions to the prototype thread where people post multi-page descriptions of what they like and don't like about the game.

Please stop discouraging people from asking specific rule questions to this forum.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Legend Montgomery
msg tools
mbmb
d0ct0rscarecr0w wrote:
anyway my point was that Brotherwise is more likely to read comments about cards and rules issues in the prototype in the prototype thread.


That is true and really if people wanna keep posting their thoughts and questions there, that's totally cool. We wanna make sure BW is seeing as much feedback as possible. But if people wanna ask stuff here in this forum that's fine too. With Koey and yourself and many other helpful people here, the answers will get to whom they need to, one way or another.

Cay Man, feel free to ask your questions here if you want but I would make the suggestion of putting multiple questions in one thread if possible just for simplicity sake. We'll add your Qs and As to the Rules FAQ so people can see them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cay Man
msg tools
malcogent wrote:
Cay Man, feel free to ask your questions here if you want but I would make the suggestion of putting multiple questions in one thread if possible just for simplicity sake. We'll add your Qs and As to the Rules FAQ so people can see them.


Thanks man - I really appreciate all of your help. I'm working on a project that absolutely requires rule clarity.

But again, I disagree with the "one thread for everything" concept. I do not want to sift through a zillion pages of a thread when I can easily scan the titles of posts.

In the "single thread" format the answers are spread all over the place (non-contiguous) and it is practically impossible to follow a coherent discussion about a specific rule.

One post per rule question. If we find that people are asking a ton of duplicate questions we'll set them straight.

Best,
CS
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.