$10.00
Adam Cirone
United States
Alliance
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When this game first came out, I thought it looked very interesting. I was particularly attracted to the initiative mechanics. However, then I saw some pictures like this:

Image posted by Ossessione

... and that just looked a little too crowded for my taste. So I wrote off Fighting Formations. But are situations like this typical in Fighting Formations? What does the average scenario "look like" when it's all set up and units start moving around the map?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmb
Jayne Starlancer wrote:
are situations like this typical in Fighting Formations?

No. That picture is of the lone 'monster' scenario -- two maps and tons of counters. Most scenarios might see that many pieces across an entire map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ells
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
One way to reduce the 'counter clutter' shown here is by playing lots of mortar, artillery battery, and air-strike 'Asset' cards, followed then by the Rocket Battery.

Whatever's still on the board can be engaged by your infantry, support weapons and armor. Repeat as necessary - your mileage may vary arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.