Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry if this was answered, I didn't see it but may have overlooked it because of a subject line being unfamiliar.

According to the base game, discarded cards go back to the box (even though we just form a discard pile). Certain abilities, like Halicarnassus or Solomon let you build a card in the box.

Does this include the 2 (or more) City cards you returned per age at the beginning of the game? And if so, can you build the Age II and Age III even in Age I?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Ölmestig
Sweden
Halmstad
Halland
flag msg tools
mb
In my rules (p. 5) , it says:
"The cards discarded this way remain face down and form a discard pile in the center of the table.". And in the Cities rules it says "The remaining cards are set aside and will remain hidden". I take that set aside means they aren't going to be used at all.

Even then it wouldn't make any sense as the abilities would be too powerful if you were allowed to build the guilds for free that aren't included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, that is the way we have always played.

But after a recent game with all expansions, I took the time to read the rules again for everything. I was fairly certain my version said all these cards are getting discarded back to the box. So that is what made me ask. I'll look at it again in the morning when I have my rules with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The white Leader cards are returned to the box when discarded.
Maybe that was causing your confusion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
The white Leader cards are returned to the box when discarded.
Maybe that was causing your confusion?

Yep, that looks to be what sent me down this path. All leader "discards" are put back in the box. But Rome can pull them out of the box. That was what was got me tripped up - I thought the base game discards were treated the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.