Subject: Who manufactures the dice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Kjerland
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Story Cubes is a fun little game. And I'm very impressed by the quality of the dice.

Does anyone know who manufactured the dice? I'd like to contact them about making some dice for a game I'm designing.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bottom of the box says "Made in China". So that's not a lot of help. Try contacting GameWright directly I guess. There's email and websites on the box.

Good luck, and I agree with you on the dice quality. Very nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the black (base game) and green (travels) colors are hard to distinguish in low light... Otherwise the dice are great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory O'Connor
United Kingdom
Belfast
Co. Antrim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik999 wrote:
Story Cubes is a fun little game. And I'm very impressed by the quality of the dice.

Does anyone know who manufactured the dice? I'd like to contact them about making some dice for a game I'm designing.

Thanks!

Erik,

It's a combination of working with a high quality factory AND providing high quality artwork that understands the dice moulding process. If you want to contact me directly rory(at)thecreativityhub.com I will discuss the possible options you have, which are;
1) go direct to the factory, or
2) work through a company like Koplow Games, who will act as your agent and help you get the best quality possible from the factory.

Language and cultural differences make what should be a simple task into something that can be quiet challenging!

I've been there and earned my stripes!

Rory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory O'Connor
United Kingdom
Belfast
Co. Antrim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the colours can be a little difficult to distinguish. We want all the colours to be dark, so as not to jar, but also be distinguishable from existing colours (we are having a hard time at the moment selecting new colours for the new sets that can achieve this).

The main purpose for the colours is to aid with sorting after play. In the European edition we show nine icons in the tray to also assist with after-play sorting. Neither is perfect, but each helps a little.

Rory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks, Rory! I'll email you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.