Subject: Need opinion on painting quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This may sound like a strange question, but here it goes. I'm new to painting minis and eventually was planning on painting my Space Hulk game. But I have tons of things to paint, so I jumped at an opportunity to buy a pre-painted set. I think the minis look great and they are better than I could do on my own, at least at the moment.

So I'm trying to decide whether I should sell my unpainted copy or if I should keep it just in case I decide one day that I want to paint it better or differently than the set I bought. My guess is that I won't be inclined and probably won't be able to paint better than these, but I wanted to get some other opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Collins
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you can afford to wait and think about it on your own. Which is what I would recommend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Definitely do not make a snap decision. Take your time, think it through, and have a look round at some of the other painted SH sets. There are plenty of pics online here at BGG.

You may find yourself inspired to paint your own. At least with two sets, you'll have a copy to play while the other is in paint-dock.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blazing Apostle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For myself, I would recommend that you start with something else, as a sort of trial run. Pick a set of figures from another game and see what you think of the outcome to those first.And don`t rush it when you come to actually doing them. Hope all goes well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antony I
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As above...keep it and get some miniatures to practice on. There's nothing more pleasing than playing with your own works of art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On that note, let's say that one day I painted my own copy and then wanted to sell this pre-painted copy: any idea how being pre-painted impacts the value? I guess this game is worth around $200 or so unpainted, any idea what it is worth painted today?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Australia
Southbank
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
On that note, let's say that one day I painted my own copy and then wanted to sell this pre-painted copy: any idea how being pre-painted impacts the value? I guess this game is worth around $200 or so unpainted, any idea what it is worth painted today?

It really depends on the quality of the paint job. Painted models can make the set worth more or less depending on the quality of the paint job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.