Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dimensional Rift rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maksym D
msg tools
Quote:
Dimensional Rift
Action: Exhaust, pay 3 and sacrifice Dimensional Rift to destroy all characters and support cards in play.

I can't get how this card should be played and what should be exhausted? Should I both exhaust and sacrifice Dimensional Rift? This doesn't make sense to me, explain please, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow the instructions in order.

First, exhaust Dimensional Rift
Then pay 3 by draining a domain at least that size
Finally, sacrifice Dimensional Rift (discard it)
when Dimensional Rift is sacrificed, all character and support cards in play are discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are worried about both exhausting and then discarding Dimensional Rift, the 'exhaust' requirement is probably there to give your opponent at least a small chance of preventing you from triggering it. There are cards which allow a player to exhaust an opponent's card. If your Dimensional Rift has already been exhausted by your opponent this turn, the you would not be able to trigger it until it has been refreshed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maksym D
msg tools
Yes, exhausting + discarding looked weird to me, now it does make some sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.