Hide
3 Posts

Castle Panic» Forums » Variants

Subject: Add more PANIC to Castle Panic with a turn clock! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rraton Jackson
msg tools
Recently got Castle Panic and have thoroughly been enjoying both the playing as well as thinking up variants, and here is my favorite we've thought of so far:

Use a timer to limit each players turn. This will add a fun real time element to the game, greatly increasing the frantic-ness of it all! Start the timer before you draw cards, and then after the timer runs out, you are forced to move to the next phase, moving the monsters in and then drawing new ones.

We haven't nailed down a time length yet, but thought that 1 minute would be a good place to start. What do you think?

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Petters
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think it would depend on how your gaming group plays. If they're stuck analyzing every possible move, then yea, a clock would work.

Typically, we know what we want to do, so there's not a lot of time between moves. It would have to be well under a minute for it to make a difference for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This variant sounds really fun, and it is only a small change to the actual game! Have you tried it yet? I would imagine using a single timer for someones entire turn after drawing cards could be more fun, so steps 2 - 4 of the turn are timed all together. Then monsters move and the next person draws up and the timer flips again! I may have to try this variant next time we play co-op instead of with master slayer rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.