Subject: Eclipse Holiday Special 2012 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky / it's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight / they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon / you know i don't see you when she walks in the room
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a wonderful year for Eclipse. Thank You all for your support and enthusiasm!

To celebrate the changing of the Galactic Date, here's a little something for the Eclipse players around the world -- Rockets of Celebration, available for download here:
- Rules and components PDF

Good gaming for the upcoming year!
Touko & Sampo

-----
Eclipse Holiday Special 2012:
Rockets of Celebration

The Anniversary of the founding of the Galactic Council and the related Adjusting of the Galactic Date is commonly celebrated throughout the Galaxy. While the specific traditions vary between the species, it is a widespread practice to fire rare explosive devices into the night sky and admire their colors and sounds. Occasionally these devices may have other, more sinister uses...

Player materials:
12 Rocket of Celebration tiles (6 different)

Overview:
The Rockets are powerful single-use Missiles that can be purchased at a certain stage of the game and used in Combat.

Preparations:
Shuffle the Rocket tiles and randomly select the tiles used in this game. The amount of tiles used depends on the amount of players (see the table below). Place the tiles face up next to the Supply.

Roll a die. The result determines on which round (1–6) the special Rocket Phase takes place. Place the Rocket Phase Marker next to the Round Track, pointing to the round determined by the roll.

Rocket Tiles:
2 players: 4 tiles
3 players: 5 tiles
4 players: 6 tiles
5 players: 7 tiles
6 players: 8 tiles
7 players: 9 tiles
8 players: 10 tiles
9 players: 11 tiles

Rocket Phase:
The Rocket Phase takes place after the Upkeep Phase of the round determined by the die roll. Beginning from the starting player and moving clockwise, you can either buy one Rocket tile or pass.

If you buy a Rocket, pay its Money Cost (for example, the Rocket below costs 2 Money), take the tile and place it face up next to your Player Board. If you pass, you are out of the Rocket Phase. The Rocket Phase continues until all players have passed, so it is possible to buy several Rockets.

When all players have passed, the unsold Rockets and the Rocket Phase Marker are removed from the game. The Rocket Phase ends.

Using the Rockets:
The Rockets can be used in the beginning of the battle, when the Missiles are fired. The Rockets have their own Initiative and Computers, they roll multiple dice and are completely independent of the owner’s Ships. You need to have a Ship in the battle to use a Rocket.

A Rocket can be used when it is its turn in Initiative (for example, the Rocket above has an Initiative of 3). If you decide to use a Rocket, roll the dice (yellow, orange and/or red) shown on the tile (for example, the Rocket above would roll two yellow and two red dice), add the Computer value shown on the tile on each roll and assign the dice. The dice can be assigned to different targets. Discard the tile. Distortion Shield and Point Defense can be used against the Rockets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Eicklingen/Celle
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a nice idea! Thanks for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markku Jaatinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you and a very happy New Year to all you folks that brought us Eclipse!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Tamminen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mb
Kiitos and a happy new Galactic year to you too.

Can one use Distortion Shield and/or Point Defense against Rockets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! And thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
Sweden
Habo
flag msg tools
mbmb
hyvää uutta vuotta!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Motz
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SO AWESOME!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Gaulin
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miika K.
Finland
KAIPOLA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW

THANKS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miika K.
Finland
KAIPOLA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...and DONE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Lawrence
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks / Kiitos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-mIDE- wrote:
...and DONE!

Very nicely done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky / it's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight / they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon / you know i don't see you when she walks in the room
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
lumivarjo wrote:
Can one use Distortion Shield and/or Point Defense against Rockets?

Yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Motz
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Timing question:

Let's assume that Player A (defender) has a ship at Initiative 4 with missiles. Player B has a ship in that hex with no missiles, but a rocket with Initiative 2.

Player A shoots his normal ship missiles at Initiative 4 and blows up B's ship.

Does B get to shoot his rocket back? We played that he did not, as the rule specified that you had to have a ship in that battle to use a rocket.

That made us wonder - since he didn't "commit" to using the rocket there, he could use it elsewhere, yes?

This kind of makes a bit of gamesmanship to combat. What if both players have multiple rockets? My opponent declares he's using one at some slow initiative, am I allowed to declare I'm using a faster one first? If I do, can he decline to use his? Who has to declare first?

We got kind of confused on this point, and played it loose, but I could see it causing problems later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
LazyJ wrote:
Does B get to shoot his rocket back?

No.

Quote:
That made us wonder - since he didn't "commit" to using the rocket there, he could use it elsewhere, yes?

Yes.

Quote:
Who has to declare first?

The one with the highest initiative. If you do not use your Rocket when it is its turn in Initiative, you're not allowed to use it later during the same battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Motz
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also Sampo, just to be clear. Rockets cannot target rockets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
dlhammond wrote:
Also Sampo, just to be clear. Rockets cannot target rockets.

Correct. Rockets are not Ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noodles
United States
greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
-mIDE- wrote:
...and DONE!

What did you print them on? Cardstock?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Durky Durk
msg tools
Great addition, puts in another chaos factor that stirrs up the usual gameplay. I love it!

One question: is it allowed to trade (2/1 for human) resources for money during rocket buying?

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Motz
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally you can trade your resources at any time, so I would think so. I'm not the official answer, however. We played it that you could trade to get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with James, there is nothing in the rules for the Rockets of Celebration that states you can't trade resources to have enough money to purchase, so I'd say its permissible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Durky Durk
msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.