Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Rogers
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night the player controlling Pandakai drew the permanent evolution card "Yin & Yang" which says: "After you finish rolling you can choose to flip all your dice to the opposite side." We interpreted that to mean after every single roll (since each player gets 3 rolls). This is an incredibly powerful card to have if that's how it is supposed to be played. She then obtained the "frenzy" card from the base game which allowed her an entire second turn, meaning with her Yin & Yang card she could flip her dice to the opposite side numerous times. Not sure if we played that correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digger Cook
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read it that you flipped the dice when you were done rolling. So you can roll one, two, or three times, then use Yin and Yang, and then roll no more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
BGDigger wrote:
I read it that you flipped the dice when you were done rolling. So you can roll one, two, or three times, then use Yin and Yang, and then roll no more.

Yes it's pretty clear "...finish rolling..."

If she chose to roll again after her 2nd or 3rd roll then she wasn't finished rolling and therefore couldn't do the flip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cormier
Canada
Toronto (Scarborough)
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGDigger wrote:

I agree with this interpretation. Still pretty powerful though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
joeyj1220 wrote:
Last night the player controlling Pandakai drew the permanent evolution card "Yin & Yang" which says: "After you finish rolling you can choose to flip all your dice to the opposite side." We interpreted that to mean after every single roll (since each player gets 3 rolls). This is an incredibly powerful card to have if that's how it is supposed to be played. She then obtained the "frenzy" card from the base game which allowed her an entire second turn, meaning with her Yin & Yang card she could flip her dice to the opposite side numerous times. Not sure if we played that correctly?

The effect can only be applied AFTER you are done with your third roll, not between rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rogers
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't choose which dice to roll, right? All of them or neither of them must be rolled, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Voorter
msg tools
mbmbmb
I would also like to know if you can choose the dice you want to flip or if you have to flip ALL the dice.
It makes a big difference, in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
JonasVoorter wrote:
I would also like to know if you can choose the dice you want to flip or if you have to flip ALL the dice.
It makes a big difference, in my opinion.

It says "all".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.