Hide
5 Posts

King of Tokyo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some card effects questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Morph 405
msg tools
Wings - can I use Wings in the another player`s turn when that player wounds me? Or I spend 2 energy on my turn to prevent all damage to me before my another turn? Or somehow else?

Plot Twist - can I use it only on my turn or it can be used on another player`s turn?

Shrink Ray - can I get rid of a shrink counter in Tokyo?

Freeze Time - there can be only one (second) turn, or this card can be used to play third turn or even fourth and fifth turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Morph405 wrote:
Wings - can I use Wings in the another player`s turn when that player wounds me? Or I spend 2 energy on my turn to prevent all damage to me before my another turn? Or somehow else?

It depends whose turn you spend the 2 energy on... But yes, you can use it on another player's turn (and that's the most likely case to want to use it).

Quote:
Plot Twist - can I use it only on my turn or it can be used on another player`s turn?

Any player's turn.

Quote:
Shrink Ray - can I get rid of a shrink counter in Tokyo?

No. Hearts cannot be used in Tokyo for any effect. (The expansion changes this for one effect.)

Quote:
Freeze Time - there can be only one (second) turn, or this card can be used to play third turn or even fourth and fifth turn?

Yes, you can keep using it if you continue ending up with three 1's, but you'll have one less die each time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't use Hearts in Tokyo to Heal, but you can use them for some card effects that don't call it "healing" or don't tell "instead of healing" (like Complete destruction)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pikaraph wrote:
You can't use Hearts in Tokyo to Heal, but you can use them for some card effects that don't call it "healing" or don't tell "instead of healing" (like Complete destruction)

...including removing poison spit tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barnetto wrote:
Pikaraph wrote:

...including removing poison spit tokens?

Quote:

The king of Tokyo cannot use heart dice for healing himself, so he cannot remove poison tokens and shrink ray tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.